DVD/DTS Poll Crow, Sheryl - The Globe Sessions [DTS-ES CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS-CD of Sheryl Crow - THE GLOBE SESSIONS

• Total voters
...There don't seem to be any cheap ones that I've found. Only $75+!

That's a good question. I don't know, however this disc is 6.1 which SACD is not capable of. I'm not set up for 6.1, so I don't know what's in the extra rear channel. I may be to able to wire up a temporary speaker to isolate the channel.

Ah, maybe a bit of delay to give a greater sense of room space?

I got this very cheap, which is good. I gave it a 6. I was not very impressed with this. This is background music moreso than anything I would play for others. Just not my favorite songs by her.

I gave this an '8'. Sheryl Crow was largely off my radar until I was given tickets to her concert at Interlochen last June. Awesome concert and it gave me a whole new appreciation for her and her band. Decent collection of tunes and I thought the surround mix was well done on this disc.

I don't know if the ES 6.1 would add much to the experience, but I listened to it on my 5.1 system.

The most important female artist of the 90s in her most adventurous album. OF COURSE it should have a surround mix. I gave it a 10!

Just received this yesterday;(used, but barely/($7.15)
Interesting mix; but disappointed, that there's zero information showing
What's worse, is that the 2 channel CD, shows all the info
Sound quality is fine; channel separation, is adequate
Bass is subtle, at best
Anyway, I vote 7!:rolleyes:

"zero information that is showing".....I must say, I don't understand what that means to know what disappointed you?? :confused:
I get the rest, but.......?? Maybe I'm misreading it, it's almost like a haiku.

No track listing info
No Album title info
No Band listing info

What's bizarre is that the 2 channel CD, shows everything
It's a brand new vehicle; (Acura A-SPEC), & my other DTS discs are fine

@CPR, this DTS-CD has always been a bit funky for some reason...

In my cars, the Gracenote DB can't ID it and there's no CD-Text information to supplement, but plays fine and sounds great.
On my PCs foobar2000 and VLC don't quite see the DTS encoding, think it's a regular CD and just play static.
Works great on the rest of my HT equipment tho.

@CPR, this DTS-CD has always been a bit funky for some reason...

In my cars, the Gracenote DB can't ID it and there's no CD-Text information to supplement, but plays fine and sounds great.
On my PCs foobar2000 and VLC don't quite see the DTS encoding, think it's a regular CD and just play static.
Works great on the rest of my HT equipment tho.

Integra, You probably already do, but just in case - Do you have the DTS plug-in for foobar2000? If not, should be this one https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_dts :LB

here is the whole page of plug ins too https://www.foobar2000.org/components :LB

I also have The Globe Sessions on MLP DVD~A 5.1 which definitely sounds better than the DTS 5.1. I voted an 8 for the DTS but would vote a 9 for the LOSSLESS MLP DVD~A.

Thanks! I'm all good on the foobar2000 side, The Globe Sessions DTS-CD is the only disc I have this odd problem with.
Same here. it's the one I have to use VLC to play. Actually, I also have trouble with just the first track of Don Henley's End of the Innocence. Just get static with Foobar but the rest of the disc plays fine.

K

Back