TowerRecords.Com Classical SACD Sale: $14.99 Telarc SACDs !

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
FYI, TowerRecords.Com has a Classical SACD Sale going on at their web site. It appears to feature all of the Telarc Classical SACDs for $14.99 each.

So, if you need to pick up some of these at a very nice price, I'd suggest dropping by over there at classical.towerrecords.co...0B3E9493FA to check the sale out !

The Vaughan Williams and the Mahler are especially good.

Los Angeles Guitar Quartet This looks very interesting each with his own speaker
Sibelius: Symphony no 2;
Turina: Danzas Fantasticas

Well, when you play back the Telarc LAGQ: Latin, you'll enjoy it. A wonderful Multichannel SACD, one of the best !

It's not my favourite Mahler Symphony. Symphonies #2 and #8 would be those. Especially the last 5 minutes or so of #2. There is a great DVD-A disc with Mehta doing #2. The SACD of #6 has 3 discs. The second SACD has 2 versions of the last movement. WATCH THOSE HAMMER BLOWS. The dynamic range on this disc is such that when the hammer blow comes in it is about 10 times louder than anything else. My speakers handled it nicely but I jumped right out of my chair literally. The 3rd disc is a CD with comments from the conductor over top of the symphony. Nice touch, nice package. My favourite version of #8 is the one conducted by Solti. The last CD I bought of this (and the last CD I bought about 6 months ago) says remastered at 24/96. What's with that? Then they put it on a CD? Where's the actual high-res? What a waste of time. The CD sounds pretty good but it would be better on SACD/DVD-A.

Hey I was just checking out the Mahler and Vaughan Williams discs, both of which I had been look at for a while and the sale is over. With the Mahler I was not sure if I was after the 5'th or 6'th.

Back