Quad LP/Tape Poll New Seekers, The: The Best Of The New Seekers[CD-4/Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Best Of The New Seekers"

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Elektra EQ-5051, from 1973.

Looking back, The New Seekers--in no way to be confused with the original outfit that had the lovely Judith Durham singing folk and pop in her special way--were kind of a 'pre-ABBA,' if this comp and their biggest European hits are any indication. But, they were mostly a contrivance, and remembered stateside for only a few top ten hits, my fave being their cover of Melanie's "Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma."

Decided to toss this one in, just for a change of pace....;)

Side 1:

1. Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma
2. Beautiful People
3. Nickel Song
4. A Perfect Love
5. Never Ending Song Of Love

Side 2:

1. I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing(In Perfect Harmony)
2. Tonight
3. Evergreen
4. Circles
5. Beg, Steal Or Borrow
6. Dance, Dance, Dance

ED :)

Last edited:
Ed Bishop said:
Ok, had a hunch this one might not garner too many responses....:D

ED
probably true!!
on the other hand the QR of this is a really good recording...
If you can take the music ....
Funny how some of the best sounding quad stuff is of things that not many people would seriously want to listen to....like this release or Popcorns Hot Butter...

Listened to the Q8 when I got one in a bunch of quads on Ebay. Good separation on most songs, folk music songs don't seem to adapt to quad very well. Better than double stereo, however. give it a 7.

Sonically this is one of the better early 4 Channel Quad Reel tape releases from Elektra. And it has a colorful and fun 4 Channel Stereo mix. Recommended !

Early is right. It was in the first batch of quad reel releases from Magtec.

Early is right. It was in the first batch of quad reel releases from Magtec.

It was early on several counts - one of the 1st Elektra Quad albums, one of the 1st Elektra Quadradiscs, one of the 1st Elektra Q8s and one of the first Elektra Quad Reel Tapes!

Sonically this is one of the better early 4 Channel Quad Reel tape releases from Elektra. And it has a colorful and fun 4 Channel Stereo mix. Recommended !

This is one of my favorite Quadradiscs. The songs are great and the quad mix is truly outstanding.

nice active mix, injects some extra fun into the songs!

just on an interesting tangent, these Quad mixes were by Bruce Morgan, who had quite a varied Quad mixing career.

from what i can make out, fairly unusually cross-label (a lot of Quads tended to be by in-house engineers attached to a particular label) including mixing the 2 x David Gates Solo Quad album mixes for Elektra (very nice Quads also), a couple of Ray Conniff & Percy Faith Quads for Columbia and the amazing demo material Quad of Stardrive with Robert Mason's "Intergalactic Trot"..!!

Back