HiRez Poll Nine Inch Nails - WITH TEETH [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Nine Inch Nails - WITH TEETH

• Total voters
Yes its mastered LOUD to me it sounds OK... great spend of your cent... hopefully you get the dualdisc.:eek:

if not...and had it happen before from same seller..actually item never received...so will get my money refunded..no worries!

oh well..for the price i figure i have nothing to lose. no different than spending $4 to rent a movie...if i listen once and throw it away!....

got the dual disc today...have to agree with it's mastered LOUD! just can't crank the volume like i normally do...but mix and AQ are otherwise pretty decent. vocals sound good...

I purposefully sought out a surround title that I hadn't played in a long while. I probably haven't played this is ten years. That's a shame because the material is very strong and the mix is good as well. It is loud, but that doesn't bother me too much since this is NIN we are talking about! Trent did a great job on the surround mix. The rears are utilized a lot but enhance the songs at all times. Ambient keyboards, sound effects, swirling guitars etc...This is rock music made for the surround treatment. Purists will not have to worry about band member placement in the mix since this record is not a traditional band recording. It is made for the studio and not a live environment. I voted an 8 overall.

ONLY!!!
I'll have to play it more in surround to vote, but it's the last time I was impressed with Trent Reznor's output...

Any one received the nice "Not the actual events" letter with black toner ink inside a couple years back? o_O

Picked up a used copy on eBay for $7. Honestly I think the mix is quite good and has very good separation. Yes, it is a tad loud but I didn't think it was egregiously so. The last NIN album that I really enjoyed, as most of what came afterwards was dull and uninteresting for me. I feel comfortable giving this an 8. I might have knocked off another half a point for the loudness, but it's a great album and this is an enjoyable surround release.

Last edited:
There’s a difference between ‘loud’ and ‘compressed all to hell’. If it’s non-fatiguing while still loud, I’m good to go. To me, that’s what this release is.

Agree. Not fatiguing at all. It was a lot of fun to listen to. I'd welcome a Pretty Hate Machine surround release with open arms.

The sales slipped considerably on this NIN release as compared to the mega-selling first couple of albums (Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral.) Still, I think this is one of his better albums and stands up to repeated listens.

It's a fairly compressed multi-channel, though not as bad as some others I've heard, such as The Flaming Lips DVD-As. Nice clear sound and a better than average surround mix. I'd say a solid 8.

I've been in the mood for Industrial/Experimental music recently so I tried this out.
I think the mix is creative and very good.
Surround channels have both atmospheric and very discrete content.
Overall I didn't find this overly loud or fatiguing. There are loud effects that highlight the mix from time to time and this suits the music.
There's a nice variety in styles. I didn't feel like I was being assaulted with a full on sonic blast song after song.
My rating system is that an 8 is very good.
9 is excellent
10 is super rare perfection.
I give this an 8.

Back