Best Buy Moves The SACDs and DVD-As - Nice Start

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Well, the move to a new SACD & DVD-A section at our local Best Buy in San Carlos has begun.

All of the SACDs and DVD-As located in the Audio Hardware and DVD Video sections are now in the front of the store, along the first row of the Music Section, right next to the new releases - and right before you get to the new DVD Videos across the aisle.

Not a lot of real signage yet - they have 2 dollar sign cards up which have in felt pen SACD and DVD-A. But they have added artist divider cards for all of the SACDs. So the display is closer to how Tower Records does it than Media Play. I guess we'll see more signing and ads later.

Also noted that all of the Police Single Layer Stereo SACDs are now available and in the new section.

So, it's a nice start. Let's see how it unfolds.

The BB in Aurora, IL still has everything split up. DVD-A with the DVD's... SACD's by the cd players and receivers... Police M/C disc ($11.99) in with the regular cds. Several SACD titles lik JT and Toto IV in with the cds. What a mess!! And still the same few titles in DVD-A.

Best Buy has become a real embarrassment all around. I don't even know why I go there anymore. It seems that I leave there with nothing more times than I find what I am looking for.

Yea, Best Buy doesn't even have the BOC SACD in their computer, and not in stock either. I had a good coupon a few weeks ago and had to use it on regular DVDs.

Back