DVD/DTS Poll Perry, Joe - Joe Perry [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Joe Perry - JOE PERRY

• Total voters
As someone whose earliest music memories involve listening to Toys in the attic (in the third grade back in 1976) and receiving Draw the Line for my 9th birthday, I have always had a soft spot for aerosmith. This album sounded great on paper (back to rock, no outside writers, surround mix,) but so far I have been underwhelmed. The music just doesn't grab me. It sounds tired and forced and Joe's vocals merely make things worse. With that foundation, it is hard to get excited about the surround mix. Nothing really stands out about it (good or bad.)..... steve c

I finally snagged a copy of this and listened to it this weekend. It's not Aerosmith and I had low expectations going in.

Half the songs grabbed me and the other half not so much. Joe is a rather plain vocalist and makes no claims otherwise. He is a great player, decent writer and okay vocalist.

The mix is varied like many of these DualDisc releases; fidelity was better than expected for DD and the mix was adventurous in places. I'm more than likely to give it a few more spins, it's not out of the question.

Very much enjoyed the Boneyard Studio documentary; we could see him at work on the album, but it also mixed in some world travel, Elvis and some talk about his guitar collection. He comes across as being more educated than most of the usual hard rock posturing required by band publicists permits.

How weird.. This has got 7 votes already but only 5 are actually showing up..!?

This one is worth checking out, nice surround mixes.. it's an "8" from me.

Oh my, I was cruzin the polls a couple of weeks ago and came across this and I decided to buy. Listening now 5.1, 24/48 Dual Disc DVD Audio/Video.
This is real good and I voted a 9.
Great surround, vocals center, but mix is all over the place, there is one track, 1 or 2, I can't remember where everything goes silent and it is slide guitar only center, and then bam, all speakers take off, so cool.
If you are a fan of heavy electric guitar music, this is the one, I have all Slash's discs, and this is better. Musically.
You can hear the Aerosmith song writing, Joe Perry is no Steven Tyler on vocals but the songs are great.
Freinds PM me, I haven't ripped it yet, cause on first listen I like to watch the lame screen shots. $50.00 bucks and worth it.
71TNnUgUzbL._SX522_.jpg

Back