Just a suggestion for posting here...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cai Campbell

In Remembrance
Since 2002/2003
I'm not sure what it is about "SACD Multi-Channel News" but this forum has gobs of threads with only one message each. Generally, these are specific announcements that don't usually prompt any replies. This is a great body of information, but I feel that it is spread out too much.

It becomes somewhat onerous to navigate through a relatively small number of messages that are spread over an inordinately large number of threads. In the interest of readability, search-ability and maintaining an overall "clean" board, I would suggest that similar messages be posted in general threads, rather than having a dedicated thread for overly specific topics.

As an example, I would suggest a thread called "New Releases" (or something similar) where each new release could be posted, rather than having a separate thread for each and every release that is announced.

I dunno, maybe it's not a big deal. Just thought I'd throw this out for commentary.

I'll agree with the principle. So many threads serving as info only and generating no discussion is somewhat pointless. One thread might be better.

But given that there's so little action on the SACD part of the board, more threads make it look like there is more activity. :D
The other advantage is that each thread provides some direct information for those who want to read it and those who do not.
For example, if I see a thread about a Britney Spears SACD, I'll skip it. (yes, yes, Britney = BMG = DVDA, I know) But if I see a thread about Pink Floyd on SACD, I will read it.

Solution: try the one thread principle for a couple of weeks and create separate threads only for major announcements (for example, like PF's DSotMoon or the complete SACD Beethoven cycle announced by Universal). If it does not work, move back to one thread per topic.

Brian,

Maybe you can create a post call "New Release Announcements" and modify it when new stuff is announced, like what Mike did over at DVD-A.

It's up to you. Feel free to "do it your way"!

:-jon

It doesn't really matter to me how the forum is maintained but it does make it easier to navigate if there aren't a bunch of threads with only one message. It is interesting how some threads will take off and others will not.

I do notice one pattern though... announcements of classical releases generally do not spark much interest here. I think you could safely lump all those together without fear of the thread getting out of hand. ;)

Back