Any idea on why Aerosmith-Rocks SACD has disappeared?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jmrosen

Any idea what happened to this title? I have scoured the world for the past 6 months (date of my SACD player) and can't find it anywhere.

I have seen it listed on Amazon and elsewhere, but never in stock. . .

Anyone?

This title has only been announced, not released. I believe it will be out soon.

:-jon

In the most recent SACD catalog (01.03) issued by the SACD Project for the U.S. market, Rocks is not shown as an upcoming release. But Toys In The Attic is shown as an upcoming Multichannel SACD.

So I think you'll see Toys In The Attic before Rocks.

Toys makes sense as it has a future release date, but Rocks was released in 2000. Out of stock on the Sony SACD eBay and amazon sites. (I've been on back order for months!) Even one of the Aerosmith sites has had links to the amazon site for Rocks, O-Yeah & Just Push Play, all for the past few months.

Is there a possibility that it (Rocks) is gone for good?

I also read somewhere that Carol King Tapestry is set for deletion? I sincerely hope that my enthusiasm for SACD is not hampered in limited availability and quick deletion of sought after titles, a la MFSL & URHQ, etc.

The only Tapestry deletion that may be planned is the Stereo SACD version.

There's a newer Multichannel/Stereo SACD of "Tapestry" now available.

On Rocks, I suppose it may appear as a Multichannel SACD once Toys In The Attic is released. But it isn't listed at this point.

I just ordered the m/c version of Tapestry from Tower Records. It is listed as out of print , but luckily i got one before they ran out of their current stock.
Another weird one was the new Joe Satriani " Strange Beutiful Music " in m/c . It is also now listed as out of print.
What is going on at Sony anyways ?

Well, it may be more of a question of what's going on at Tower Records.com since all of those titles are available at the Tower Records retail stores, among others !

Back