AC/DC Remasters/Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guy Robinson

Whats with the AC/DC reissues. They have been remastered at a high bit rate and then they bring them out in digipacks in a CD format. Where is the SACD layer? Am I missing something. I belive that these are Sony reissues.

Not in the USA at least. The AC/DC catalog has always been part of the WEA family worldwide. Warner group is firmly behind DVD-Audio and *may* issue something hybrid on the group when DVD Plus (stereo CD layer added) is announced next month.

I've not seen any AC/DC hi res audio only announcements as yet.

Sony just acquired the whole AC/DC catalogue. No SACD announced yet.

One would have to conjecture that one of the reasons Sony bought the AC/DC catalogue in the first place would be to eventually bring it out in SACD. Just like the Stones did and the up coming Pink Floyd will soon, AC/DC catalogue will generate even more excitement for the SACD format.

I'll take the rookie award; ICE reported the label change on their catalog last month. All but 1 or 2 titles go to Sony.

Well I'm not going for the bait. I don't intend to buy anymore CD's, EVER! Once you have heard SACD and DVD-A it is hard to go back. I can play both and I believe in my mind that regular CD's (not SACD's of course) having been around for 20+ years have run their course and are in fact a dead format.

Yea, I haven't bought a CD for a long time. Over a year now. And since when have digipaks been considered deluxe packaging? I've always thought of digipaks as being throw-away packaging typically used for CD "singles" (which is why most of my CD singles are imports). Aren't digipaks made in the same WEA factory that makes the cheap DVD packaging known as "snapper"s?

Back