HiRez Poll Foo Fighters - IN YOUR HONOR [DVD-A (DualDisc) ]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Foo Fighters - IN YOUR HONOR

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
I'm not a big Foo Fighters fan so I was surprised by how much I like the DVD-A disc in this package.

As some others have said here this disk is worth tracking down to hear the laid back acoustic set in 5.1 Nice job down by Dave G and band. Sorry if this sounds over used but this surround has that band is right there in the room feel. Nothing gimmicky just great clear sound and the songs are very catchy as well. I would rate the second disk as a 9 but as it is 2 albums and disk 1 is not in surround I'll drop it down as a 8 overall for this release.
I initially got sent the non dual disk from a Amazon reseller so as others have said it would be worth doing extra emailing to make sure seller is selling the dual disk. I thought I had done my home work as I asked first seller if it was the dual disk and they said yes it was.
I think they thought 2 disks in package means its a dual disk as i got sent cd only version. Well finally got correct version and its all worth it.

For those that might not know this is one great DVDA in this 2 disk package, definitely worth tracking down,Elliot Scheiner mix too.
If you are not a fan of the Foo Fighters harder edged stuff you might be in for a big surprise as this acoustic set is very easy to listen to.
I added this to my recent 12 hour car trip as needed to bring things that would be WAF'd, borrowing this from Adam(fredblue) WAF( Wife Approval Factor).
Thanks to Dave Grohl and band for putting this out in surround, to bad it was disquised in this 2 disk dual disk, sometimes hard to find correct copy.
Would have been nice to have this as a stand alone DVDA, oh well, happy it came out period.

Just finally bought this disc thanks to a cheap eBay seller.
Even though only the second disc is mixed in surround, it's a great mix by Mr Scheiner. The acoustic nature of the album lends itself well to surround, and the songs are superb.

I gave it a '9', simply because the first album is stereo only, and while this is mix is good, it's not quite up to '10' level.

Just finally bought this disc thanks to a cheap eBay seller.
Even though only the second disc is mixed in surround, it's a great mix by Mr Scheiner. The acoustic nature of the album lends itself well to surround, and the songs are superb.

I gave it a '9', simply because the first album is stereo only, and while this is mix is good, it's not quite up to '10' level.

This is a very under-rated disc. It's one of my favorite listens, start to finish. Great purchase! I actually have 3 new backup copies!

I can't believe I didn't give this a review already! I've had the disc (2xCD, 1x DVD-A) for some time now and the 5.1 mix is nothing short of magnificent. One of Scheiner's finest.

The songs on that disc are incredibly befitting of the mix and work so very well indeed. In fact, this is one of my go-to discs if I ever want to show others what 5.1 can do.

My only complaint is that they didn't do the whole album in 5.1. A glaring mistake, in my humble opinion. However, I am grateful for what we did get.

The 5.1 disc gets a 10, the rest of the material is superb but the omission of a 5.1 mix for the whole album means an overall 9.

Found for a good price on eBay. The surround mix is great. The associated songs are laid back and thoughtful. A beautiful acoustic / vocal combination.

My rating applies only to the DVD-audio, haven't listened to the rest yet. 9.

As others have said, make sure you buy the right package. Many on ebay have two CD's w/o DVD-audio.

I gave it a 9. Love this! It sounds amazing, the songs are catchy, and the mix is another masterwork from Mr. Scheiner. It's quite discrete considering the somewhat minimalist arrangements: the harmonica solo in "Another Round" is in the rears, as are the backing vocals in "Virginia Moon" and the strings in "Over And Out".

My only complaints are that it's mastered a bit too hot and we didn't get the rest of the album in 5.1, but who knows how well the heavier songs would work in surround.

"Another Round":
Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 3.17.18 PM.png

"Over And Out":
Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 3.21.26 PM.png

Last edited:
Just picked this up for dirt cheap on eBay. I have not listened to the stereo half of the DVD but the 5.1 mix of the acoustic disc was extraordinarily well-mixed given that it's mostly a lo-fi affair. I happen to like the first half of the album more than the second, so I was a little bummed not to see a surround mix for it. But it's very much worth picking up. 8 from me.

I just got a cheap copy of the 2cd/1dvd set from ebay, my problem is I cannot access the enhanced stereo on the dvd of the disc one album, the 5.1 ES mix of the 2nd side is brilliant as usual, anyone able to help, i’m playing it on a sony ubp x800m2?

I just got a cheap copy of the 2cd/1dvd set from ebay, my problem is I cannot access the enhanced stereo on the dvd of the disc one album, the 5.1 ES mix of the 2nd side is brilliant as usual, anyone able to help, i’m playing it on a sony ubp x800m2?
I am playing mine on the same Sony UBP player and it works fine for me. From the main menu, I selected Audio Select >> Enhanced Stereo and it plays back in 96/24 LPCM for me. Maybe a defect on the disc itself?

I am playing mine on the same Sony UBP player and it works fine for me. From the main menu, I selected Audio Select >> Enhanced Stereo and it plays back in 96/24 LPCM for me. Maybe a defect on the disc itself?
Thanks for the very quick reply, when i go to audio select/enhanced stereo it goes straight to Still, must be the disc as you say, don’t suppose I can complain for £4 including p&p, at least I have the 5.1 which is why I got it in the first place

Have had the disc for years and am only now voting. A 9 and one of the last MLP DVD~A 5.1 discs released by RCA before the LOSSY DD 5.1 dualdisc takeover by SONY! Dave's vocals and Scheiner's elegant discrete mix are stunning on every level.

Back