Pentatone plans

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4ears

Brian,
Do you know how ambitious Pentatone's future plans are? I am really really really looking forward to buying their old Philips quad recordings. I am hoping they will release lots of stuff--have they given you any indications on how many?
As you know, the Polyhymnia guys (who make the transfers for Pentatone) are superb, second to no one.
4ears

Yes, they are very aggressive. PentaTone plans to release more of the Philips Quad Masters in Multichannel SACD along with newly recorded Multichannel SACDs.

And since they are indeed working with Polyhymnia, the sonics on both should be very good.

I've also talked to the folks at Telarc who will be distributing the PentaTone SACDs starting in March and they're jazzed about the SACDs coming to the U.S. market.

Sounds like a win/win situation for both companies !

Hello to all.
My name is Wilfried and I live in Germany.
Regarding the Pentatone RQR releases: I have the Mozart Horn Concertos and the Vivaldi Flute Concertos.
Both are excellent recordings and it's pure fun to listen to the original 4.0 mix.
Kind regards.
- Wilfried

I should mention, for those of you new to SACD and PentaTone, that the folks who record, mix and master the PentaTone Classics SACDs were very involved in the development of the SACD format. The reason for this is that the principals at Polyhymnia used to be the Philips Classical Recording and Mastering Staff before the label was bought out.

These folks have also worked on the Jerry Goldsmith SACDs on Telarc and the Shifting Landscapes album on CCnC, among others.

I've been very impressed with their work and SACDs to date. Good to see more material from them.

Back