Naxos HK Releases Creedence Multichannel SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Naxos Hong Kong has released 4 more SACDs.

Included in the new group are Virtuoso by Joe Pass (Hybrid Stereo SACD) and Chronicle: The 20 Greatest Hits by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Hybrid Multichannel SACD).

Check the story on High Fidelity Review at
www.highfidelityreview.co...r=19032109 for more details.

My understanding is that the Hong Kong SACD is not that great sonically. I'm told CCR fans would be better served to get the Analogue Productions SACDs, even though they are only Stereo.

Hey their DVD-A's and CD's are good. It's strange but they are always much cheaper than anybody else. It's their gimmic. But i have enjoyed many CD's from Naxos;)

Well, they're selling the Naxos SACDs in Hong Kong and Japan so far. We will have to watch and see when they arrive here in the U.S.

I've seen the naxos web page about the "Chronicle" sacd, and i wonder what can be the source of the multichannel masters.
AFAIK, the only USA quad release was Creedence Gold, with included 8 tracks; here there are 20 tracks.
There was other CCR quads in the 70's, maybe Japan only? Or something was scheduled and mixed for quad release, but never went at pressing stage?
Or is a brand new 5.1 mix? Or a fake sorround, created with some DSP?
Inquiring minds want to know...

A good question.

I know that Fantasy is said to have done Quad remixes of all of the Creedence Clearwater Revival albums in the '70s. Perhaps those rumored Quad tapes are the source.

Jon, seems you got it... let us know what's the thing!

Back