Telarc Releases 2 New Classical Multichannel SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Telarc is starting the year off with 2 new Classical SACDs. In this case they are: "The Romantic Harp" by Yolanda Kondonassis and "Gliere: Symphony No. 3" by Leon Botstein conducting the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

And as the case with some Telarc SACDs, these are out ahead of the Stereo CD versions.

See the story on High Fidelity Review at www.highfidelityreview.co...r=16867409 for more details.

Nice of them to release some more M/C.
What I'm really waiting for is that Spano/Atlanta Symphony recording of Scheherazade.

I was under the impression it had already come out.
It's even listed as available on sony.com's SACD site, and on hmv.co.jp. But Telarc doesn't mention it anywhere. :(

Your site lists it as coming in 2003. :|

I'll check around but I'm pretty sure that one isn't out yet.

As for Telarc, they have a number of Multichannel SACDs coming up in the next few months.

I finally emailed Telarc about both Scheherazade and the Mega Movies SACD.
Their prompt reply said that Scheherazade was under consideration for a potential SACD release, but that it was not a priority.
While Mega Movies was not even in consideration for SACD release.

:(

Guess if I want a multichannel Scheherazade, I'll have to get Gergiev's lame attempt coming from Philips Classics in March, even though I have the CD version and it's pretty second rate.

Yes, I checked with Telarc and just heard pretty much the same.

Mega Movies seems to have fallen off their release list along with Scheherzade.

In the good news category with them, I'm intrigued about the upcoming "Got Swing!" Multichannel SACD which includes a host of artists including The Manhattan Transfer, John Pizzarelli and Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops. That one ought to be a fun one !

Back