Creedence Greatest Hits SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

Ran across this on ebay and wondered if anyone else had heard of this. It appears to be legit. I was aware of the Creedence titles done by Steve Hoffman, but wasn't aware that the Greatest Hits set had also been done for SACD.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=936382175&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1" target="top">Creedence GH SACD</a>

My understanding is that it's a release from one of the labels in Hong Kong.

It would be interesting to find out whether this is really a Multichannel SACD, or if it's mis-stickered as Multichannel when it's really a Stereo SACD - as the 5 U.S. Creedence Clearwater SACDs are.

I dunno... looks fishy. The Chinese obi is the red flag here. I've been to China a couple of times, and they sell loads of pirate CD's on the streets. The pirates have a tendency to paste the logo for whatever audio technology is in vogue at the moment.

As an example, I have a copy of "The Wall" I picked up there. It has logos proclaiming 24-bit, HDCD and XRCD. Naturally, it is none of these and is simply a poorly copied redbook.

Also, "Chronicles" is NOT one of the titles recently remastered by Steve Hoffman. The hybrid multichannel sticker is another item that makes me question its authenticity. None of the remastered CCR titles are multichannel.

With all that said, it still might be a legitimate Hong Kong release. I would really like to think so, but I really doubt it.

Steve Hoffman has more or less said to avoid this one.

:-jon

Back