Dark Side of the Moon Goes Surround for 30th Anniv

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great...just what we need to boost recognition.

I personally cannot wait to hear the mix!

It should be interesting. Some of the folks who have heard the new 5.1 mix say it's better than the '70s 4 Channel Quad Mix. In March, we'll have a chance to see if that is indeed the case.

>>This is great...just what we need to boost recognition.

I personally cannot wait to hear the mix!

Now all we have to do is get them to release a m/c version of :

Wish you were here
The Wall
Animals
Momentary Lapse
etc.

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It should be interesting. Some of the folks who have heard the new 5.1 mix say it's better than the '70s 4 Channel Quad Mix. In March, we'll have a chance to see if that is indeed the case.[/quote]

I sure hope so. Maybe the people saying this are used to listening to the 70s SQ LP decoded through a non-logic decoder. (I have heard the SQ mix decoded through a Tate, and I think that it would be hard to beat).

Roger Waters (see USA media link) says the new mix "allows room for all the theater".

No acknowledgement of Alan Parsons' quad mix back in the day. Roger is so forgetful about some things.....

The Roger Waters quote was announced at the SACD event at CES. I mentioned it over on High Fidelity Review last month as part of that story.

Back