HiRez Poll Hill, Faith - CRY [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Faith Hill - CRY

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this title - (y) :phones (n)

Faith Hill Front.jpgFaith Hill Back.jpg

Last edited:
8 I never heard Faith Hill or heard of her before I bought this album. Although I shy away from "Country", I really liked the album. Good extras ups the score. Recemmended.

For me it was one of her weaker realeases.. not much memorable here. The sound quality and mix are good though.

I'd go with 7,5 if I could...

Definitely one of the better surround mixes out there (it's Elliot, baby!), pretty discrete, with great soundstage and full-blooded sounding. One major con though: it all starts to sound samey samey rather soon, even when you can easily tell that the songs originate from different productions.

Good that the disc apart boasts 96/24 PCM and 48/1536 kbps 5.1 mixes, as well as a good portion of behind-the-scenes video, too.

Anyway, gimme Britney or Shania for my occasional guilty pleasure seance over this disc anytime - a 7 from me.

I listened to this disc exactly one time. Though the mix was superb from what I remember.

I enjoy listening and "looking at" Faith Hill. On first listen I am giving this DVD Audio a 10. Excellent sound, Faith's voice is exceptional and the music is as good as I can ask for in this genre. No complaints here. Even the extras are worth a watch.

I don't care for this one very much, just keeping it for a couple of decent tracks. I vote 6.

I just realized the poll was here.
I've had this one for a long time and give it a 10
Beautiful voice and songs.
A very nice discreet 5.1 surround mix.
The frequency balance is near perfect, her voice smooth and without bite.

The best part is whatever hammer mechanic mastered the CD should be shot.
The DR quashed to a disgraceful DR6!
But the the DVD, it's an awesome DR12!
(There is hope for us)

Is there a problem with perceived country music?
Oh yea for sure bro.
It just isn't kool to like C&W
Or let anyone know you like C&W
I LOVE IT right up there with Prog Rock & Blues, my other 2 favorites.
You have to just hate C&W to rate this beauty any lower than 8

It's also worth mentioning that her and her hubby Tim McGraw starred in the Paramount + series 1883. The best western I've enjoyed in a long time.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13991232/

Attachments

• foo_dr.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back