Super Furry Animals "Love Kraft" SACD--UK only?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I received the order of Love Kraft from Amazon UK, and it is the SACD. It only costs £3.86. Unbelievable. Thanks to LizardKing for the post. I like the music and surround mix so far. Last night, I could only listen to the first half of the album.

it's great isn't it!?

I recently bought a copy for my one and only real life surround music loving friend here in London, as he'd never heard of it!

at one point I noticed they were fetching higher sums (around £12-£15) but i think Amazon UK must have found a stash of them lately!

it's a true "Hidden Gem"..! :)

This is now available from various amazon.co.uk sellers for as little as £0.99 (!) Everyone who's ordering stuff from amazon UK should add this release to their basket, it's a no-brainer at anywhere less than £5.

I love it too...one of my "go-to" surround discs...love the way it starts with the "splash" of what sounds like pool water...great intro!

Picked this one up recently. What a find!

As I listen I hear elements/homage of lots of artists: pink Floyd, flaming lips, pretty things, caravan/ softies/Robert Wyatt/Canterbury sound and a dash of Eno... but still all original.

Another strong recommendation. As far as the sound and reports of a harsh high end- the guitars in the first cut are strident but outside of this I find the recording excellent. And my system ruthlessly reveals sub par recordings.

Well worth seeking out.

I just found out about this. Ordered from Amazon.

I just brought a copy
from a local seller (NSW)
On the site there was a sticker that it was SACD Multi channel
When i received it there was no sticker and nowhere
on the Disc or inside did it say SACD
I thought that I had been done
I read the print inside there was a surround sound mix done
When I played it it was Surround and SACD
Strange I have never had a SACD disc that did not say it

Bagged mine earlier this week for the princely sum of £2.57 zoverstockers via Amazon UK (see top entry here) and it arrived today - thanks for the heads up on this. Had the usual panic that I'd received a standard CD version but checking the cat number set that right straight away.

Am familiar with the band, bought their first two albums way back when, so will be interesting to see (a) how their sound has developed and (b) how the MCH sounds.

Good day all round today as my copy of Downward Spiral by NIN also arrived (also second hand but for a stonking £5.25)

Back