Super Furry Animals "Love Kraft" SACD--UK only?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy Robinson said:
Just ordered it. It was 9.99 on the website though and when I checked out it was suddenly 8.50. Bonus!

Where did you order this from Guy as I am from Canada as well?
How much was it including shipping, thanks.

Guy Robinson said:
Just ordered it. It was 9.99 on the website though and when I checked out it was suddenly 8.50. Bonus!

I'm not positive, but I believe that would be a VAT refund for items being shipped out of country. In the smarter countries tax is included in the advertised price instead of being added on top (y)

peterzach said:
Where did you order this from Guy as I am from Canada as well?
How much was it including shipping, thanks.

amazon.com.uk

11.58 converted to around $23 and change Cdn delivered. No VAT of course. Just the 8.5 + shipping.

According to amazon's website the regular version of this title sells better than the SACD version. Same price and packaging, probably minus that one sticker on the lower right.

narcopolo said:
According to amazon's website the regular version of this title sells better than the SACD version. Same price and packaging, probably minus that one sticker on the lower right.

It's a good deal when compared to the U.S. amazon price of $32

Okay, after one listen I am really liking the music. The aggressiveness of the mix is similar to The Flaming Lips. Sonically I find it all over the place. Some cuts are low in bass and a bit grating at the top end. Also compression ways heavy on these tracks. Other tracks are a thing of beauty. Nicely balanced throughout the audio spectrum with little compression. Anyway, still worth getting. Just don't expect a sonic spectacular. Maybe I shouldn't have listened to Prairie Wind right before it. I will have to give it a shot this evening on it's own with nothing played prior.

I got this one thanks to this thread, and want to add, since then i have gotten both of thier DVD's {Phantom power & Rings around the world} with the surround mixes, and i like them just as much as the SACD - Love Kraft. The surround mixes are very good on both , and i like the music as much if not better. Good stuff, great find.:sun

BananaSlug said:
Had a little listen last night to this one. I find that the first couple of songs really don't grab me (at least not yet), but it picks up from there. What do people think of the track "Lazer Beam?" It's definitely one of the most aggressive/fun mixes I've heard - maybe better than the Flaming Lips. If the Lips and Elliot Scheiner hear it maybe they'll try to out do the Furries next time out, that could be fun!

Lazer Beam is fun in SACD Surround as is the instrumental track "Oi Frango". This album is definitely more interesting - and fun - in Surround Sound. No doubt about that !

I took a bit of a risk on this as I knew virtually nothing about the band. Not the kind of music I'd like to listen to regularly, but very enjoyable now and then. On the one hand it's not exactly an audiophile recording (pretty good though), but on the other, the surround mix is stunning! Just how I like a 5.1 mix to be, discrete with a fair amount of stuff in the rears, but well integrated and with focus. All in all a very worthwhile purchase. Favorite track has to be "Zoom!", wow, just wow.

Glad it's not just me regarding the high end. Grating. I think it's the vocals. They sound very grainy. I think the DTS on Rings Around The World is WAY better sonically. Musically it's different and engaging. Great 5.1 mix. If they could have made it sweeter sounding it'd be a real winner.

It's still one of my favs. I played it again last night. To my ears it sounds way better than it did on the 45a. However, there is still that grating in parts of it.

Mine finally arrived at the post office today (long wait). Comes in a digipak. Has no SACD logo on the digipak, just a sticker mentioning it's a hybrid super audio cd playable on all regular and all SA-CD players. Haven't opened it yet.
I just ordered a used copy from a reputable dealer, and wanted to comment further on the labeling. The SACD sticker must come on the outside of the shrinkwrap, as there's no SACD logo on this anywhere --- not on the digipak, not on the disc, and I didn't see one in the booklet either. But put it in the player, and it's a hybrid SACD all right, and "sounds all around." I love it!
Just be sure you're getting:

Love Kraft (Limited Edition 5.1 Surround Sound SACD) by the Super Furry Animals (Epic Records UK 520501-6)
Amazon ASIN: B000AJIAX0
EAN: 5099752050161

Mark Z

No sir, not even on the disc!

I don't know about the packaging of other releases, but I would try to verify the numbers before buying one. If you have one in your hand, checking the catalog number on the spine (5205016) is a good plan.

Mark

I agree. Thanks for the post. i just ordered. I hope it is the sacd that arrives.

I've had two versions, both digipacks.

One had a little rectangular sticker on the bottom right hand corner of the front cover, white type on a black background, saying "LIMITED EDITION Remastered and remixed in 5.1 surround sound. This is a hybrid Super Audio cd. Plays on all regular cd and SA-CD players".

The other copy did not have the sticker but it was still an SACD inside.

I'll take pix and put them in my photo albums on my profile here, so people can see.

Well, I received the order of Love Kraft from Amazon UK, and it is the SACD. It only costs £3.86. Unbelievable. Thanks to LizardKing for the post. I like the music and surround mix so far. Last night, I could only listen to the first half of the album.

Back