HiRez Poll Rundgren, Todd - LIARS [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Todd Rundgren - LIARS

• Total voters
The sound (fidelity) is hi-rez so that is good. The content is what it is. If you like this kind of music then fine. My personal opinion is why are we rating content in any of the polls? As far as the mix goes this one is double stereo - the rears more-or-less replicate what is in the fronts. If your listening habits include 2-channel music then this disc is acceptable. If you demand, at the least, a reasonably discrete surround mix then I'd say take a pass on Liars.

The sound (fidelity) is hi-rez so that is good. The content is what it is. If you like this kind of music then fine. My personal opinion is why are we rating content in any of the polls? As far as the mix goes this one is double stereo - the rears more-or-less replicate what is in the fronts. If your listening habits include 2-channel music then this disc is acceptable. If you demand, at the least, a reasonably discrete surround mix then I'd say take a pass on Liars.
Definitely have to retract what I said. Blame it on the Oppo 105 which recently replaced my Pioneer 79avi. I love this disc. This should be on the most under-rated dvd-audio discs list. I pretty much go along with Cai's comments in post #6. It is selling on Amazon.com for $2.20.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IQB4Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product

That darn OPPO 105!:howl It couldn't have been a user error.....somewhere.:yikes;)
Nope. I shoot the player! Really - as someone already said: "On about half the songs, the mix sounds like all of the instruments and vocals were spread out evenly among all speakers, with nothing to distinguish the rear channels from the front." (post #3) And that is true and that's kinda what I was saying in my original post. But now those mixes sound like you are immersed in the sound - it's all around you and it sounds good. The mix on "We Can't Dance" (Genesis) is similar.

Hey- At $2.20 a disc, everyone here should buy this disc. Period. A complete no-brainer. A great disc. VERY lstenable upon first listen, great groove, superb fidelity, and 5.1 mix from The Runt. Silverline's finest hour. Thanks.

Definitely have to retract what I said. Blame it on the Oppo 105 which recently replaced my Pioneer 79avi. I love this disc. This should be on the most under-rated dvd-audio discs list. I pretty much go along with Cai's comments in post #6. It is selling on Amazon.com for $2.20.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IQB4Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Did you ever figure out the problems with your Oppo 105? Now that I upgraded my rears, I am going to give this another chance this week. Not that it has anything to do with the 105, but better than quoting the dude who advocates peeing on all copies because Tood isn't nice :)

Did you ever figure out the problems with your Oppo 105? Now that I upgraded my rears, I am going to give this another chance this week. Not that it has anything to do with the 105, but better than quoting the dude who advocates peeing on all copies because Tood isn't nice :)

The problem was the Pioneer 79avi. Once I replaced it with the Oppo 105 the album sounded a lot better.

Picked up a copy for less than Ā£5, (DVD-A) not one of Todd's best, it's okay I suppose, a seven from me.

Picked up a copy for less than Ā£5, (DVD-A) not one of Todd's best, it's okay I suppose, a seven from me.

I can't seem to find my DVD-AUDIO disc, I found the two live multichannel DVDA's but not this one. Sure it is hidden somewhere...

Just picked this one up for very cheap. Although I was big Todd and Utopia fan from 70s into the 90s, I never bought this album. I kind of lost interest in him along the way.

I agree with others that this is one of his best albums since ā€œNearly Humanā€. Much better than I thought it would be. Very synthy, yes. But I like synthy stuff.

I think the surround mix is great. I have the DVD-A and it sounds as good as any DVD-A I own. Full and warm. I assumed it was a WEA release until someone here mentioned Silverline. This sounds great.

Iā€™ll give it a ā€œ9ā€ just because this isnā€™t the best collection of songs Todd ever came up with, but itā€™s very good. And certainly great for the price it can still be found for.

Just picked this one up for very cheap. Although I was big Todd and Utopia fan from 70s into the 90s, I never bought this album. I kind of lost interest in him along the way.

I agree with others that this is one of his best albums since ā€œNearly Humanā€. Much better than I thought it would be. Very synthy, yes. But I like synthy stuff.

I think the surround mix is great. I have the DVD-A and it sounds as good as any DVD-A I own. Full and warm. I assumed it was a WEA release until someone here mentioned Silverline. This sounds great.

Iā€™ll give it a ā€œ9ā€ just because this isnā€™t the best collection of songs Todd ever came up with, but itā€™s very good. And certainly great for the price it can still be found for.

I likewise voted 9.......very underrated album with some great tunes and a fantastic 5.1 remix. BUY it before it disappears altogether!

518TK9XQpGL.jpg

Does anyone here have a problem when playing this disc???

It makes my oppo 203 freeze up at the end. Goes on to track 15 and freezes. There is only 14 tracks. I just picked up the dvda.

Back