HiRez Poll Simple Minds - ONCE UPON A TIME [DVD-A/BDA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of Simple Minds - ONCE UPON A TIME

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Mix, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Gotta give this one a "10". Great mix. Great sound. Great album.

What's not to love? No bonus stuff on the BD version I picked up, and the bonus stuff in the box set wasn't 5.1 anyway, IIRC. A 5.1 of "Don't You Forget About Me" would have been nice.

The thread title was updated several months ago to reflect the Blu-Ray reissue.
Problem is it's gonna keep saying just DVD-A in newer posts if those posts contain quotes from other posts before the thread was updated.
Look at the heading on my post compared to other recent posts for an example of the difference.

The thread title was updated several months ago to reflect the Blu-Ray reissue.
Problem is it's gonna keep saying just DVD-A in newer posts if those posts contain quotes from other posts before the thread was updated.
Look at the heading on my post compared to other recent posts for an example of the difference.

Can the Poll Title be modified?

[h=2]Poll: Rate the DVD-A/BDA of Simple Minds - ONCE UPON A TIME[/h]

I just voted 10 on both the two DVD’s I have and now the blu ray.
No surprise I vote 10 on almost all surround discs. I love any kind of surround.

In 2005, Virgin released another reissue of the album: a DVD-Audio version (actually, the disc bears a DVD-Audio/Video logo), which is notable for being a completely remixed album. All the tracks were remixed in 5.1 surround sound, and additionally, a downmixed 2.0 stereo version was created for compatibility with non-surround DVD-Audio set-ups. The tracks on the remixed album differ in length in comparison to the original version. In most cases, they are longer than in the original mix. All the tracks on the remixed album contain material that has frequencies above the CD-Audio cut-off frequency, reaching beyond 30 kHz (a tribute to the original analogue multi-track tapes, and to the producers)

o_O

Back