Dual Disc Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine DualDisc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This one seems to have slipped under the radar around here....it is out this coming week too:

The DualDisc DVD side includes:
• The Entire album in Enhanced LPCM Stereo
• Brand-new videos for "Not About Love" and "Parting Gift (live)," never before released
• Live performances of 5 songs filmed at the club Largo in Los Angeles, including "Fast As You Can" and "Paper Bag"
• Behind-the-scenes footage

I was aware of it, having checked the label's website for audio options. Since there is no 5.1 surround audio, it was not listed.

Mine too. Just sucks that it's stereo!

EB, CRAZY, indeed that SONY abandoned hi res SACD for the "Dualdisc.' Talk about boneheaded. All those 'enhanced stereo' SONY dual discs could've been hi res....and of course in surround. And SONY's decision to utilize Dolby Digital instead of DTS on their dual disc surround titles was another blunder.:yikes

EB, CRAZY, indeed that SONY abandoned hi res SACD for the "Dualdisc.' Talk about boneheaded. All those 'enhanced stereo' SONY dual discs could've been hi res....and of course in surround. And SONY's decision to utilize Dolby Digital instead of DTS on their dual disc surround titles was another blunder.:yikes

As I've said in the forum many times, this is probably Sony's stupudest bonehead moronic move in their history. Their SACD was already a dual disc!! It worked in CD and SACD players. High Res and Low Res, stereo and surround, nobody cared about the video component - so WTF?? They introduced this format to torpedo DVD-A, then they went ahead and torpedoed their own format.

Thanks a lot Sony. No Baloney.

sony-radio.jpg

This is a BEAST of a record....
My hats off to Fiona...what a monster...and none other than Abe Laboriel Jr in most songs that feature drums...
it may be a little difficult to digest on the first or second listen, but by the third one you'll realize what an underappreciated gem this is...

And plenty of earworms...."Please please please", anyone????

HUUUUUGE BASS , ( a Moog!) and great production.

Too bad it's not MCH...
The best faux surround in my system is using the THX enhancer..the normal DPL does next to nothing...There are parts that the vocals sound rather harsh, though...

I've heard that the original Sony LP was lo quality and that the reissued from another company are even worse....if I can find it at a decent price, I'll prolly get the Sony pressing....

Sorry to insist but..I keep listening to it (and comparing it to her other albums) and this is now one of the top five LPs EVER for me....

She hit the perfect balance of melody, crazy, huge bass(I love huge bass), lyrics and their delivery...and what a band!!!!

It moves me EVERY TIME I dive into it...and I'll keep listening for the rest of my life...one of those that , in 20 years time I hope (that I'm around) that it's will STILL be in my top five...and trust me , I am VERY PICKY and there are VERY few albums I think are a masterpiece like this one....

I think it even surpasses Kate's "The Dreaming"..but only by THAT much....

Great album! I like "when the pawn..." even more. Also, it's worth tracking down the unreleased earlier version of extraordinary machine produced by Jon Brion. Not About Love, specifically, is very different.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Great album! I like "when the pawn..." even more. Also, it's worth tracking down the unreleased earlier version of extraordinary machine produced by Jon Brion. Not About Love, specifically, is very different.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I still have to "get" "When the Pawn..", so I'm happily stuck on EM..
Thanks for mentioning the early "leaked" version...really interesting to hear it...a Big Budget "DEMO"!!!!
I TOTALLY understand why Fiona wanted to do it all over again-if the 1st version had been released I wouldn't have thought it was nearly as good as the REAL one...

As an artist myself, I know that feeling you get when , even when it's all done and mixed and you don't like it, DO IT ALL OVER again...it's like when you are recording in the studio and you get VERY close to the perfect take and the best thing is to take a break; it's 99% guaranteed that the FIRST TAKE after the break is going to be the GOOD ONE!!!

BTW...Abe Laboriel Jr is SUCH a monster!!!!

Back