Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disagree, I believe there is only room for one person and their mixing philosophy. They could conceivably cancel each other out. Collaborations like Steven Wilson and Alan Parsons make more sense because the roles are delineated properly as mixer and engineer respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree, I believe there is only room for one person and their mixing philosophy. They could conceivably cancel each other out. Collaborations like Steven Wilson and Alan Parsons make more sense because the roles are delineated properly as mixer and engineer respectively.

Wholeheartedly agree. SW likely got the bug from ES. The SW/AP collaboration was beautiful!

Two stellar surround mixes missing on this thread :

Steely Dan-Two Against Nature Live (w/Roger Nichols )

Jerry Lee Lewis-Last Man Standing

Also worth noting Gaucho DTS CD is the initial E.S. mix of that album , the SACD/DVDA of Gaucho is a secondary mix .

Too bad he and Jimmy Page couldn't get it together (Jimmy was busy remixing live Zep) to mix Zep 4 in surround . Elliot mentions in an early interview that Zep 4 and a second Zep album were on a Warner Bros. DVDA "TO DO " list he was assigned .(early years in 2000-03 )

He does mention he completed "Moondance " as well and by luck and good fortune , we finally got to hear it via blu-ray so very many years later .

From a 2002 interview with Elliott Scheiner .

20170601_184124.jpg

20170601_183939.jpg

It's all "passe" now , FWIW. :rolleyes:

Boy I didn't think so many people would appreciate that ZEPPELIN THAT NEVER HAPPENED article from E.S. !

Anyway I dug a bit into Eddie Kramer as he would have been included, thinking it may narrow down the "other " shopping list Led Zeppelin disc.
Well it may have been Led Zep 2 , or Houses Of The Holy, or Coda (yuck), or Physical Graffiti as he worked on them plus compilations and possibly Zep 3 -not sure he mixd 3 or what .

I'm guessing that the other LED ZEPPELIN disc would have been LED ZEPPELIN 2 mainly due to the fact that it was such a big seller as of course was/is ZEP 4 .

Oh well, like the song goes--"What Is And What Should Never Be " becomes that old ZEP SWANSONG for this historic missed opportunity .

But if Jimmy should somehow notice or remember to issue this "big Warner Want List Title " he shall be redeemed by all of us on QQ. :worthy

One would hope that Jimmy Page is aware of the recent Sgt Pepper release and Pink Floyd boxes to name a couple. Zep remains inactive and so it is time to follow suit and issue the end-all Led Zeppelin album releases. Am I getting warm?

One would hope that Jimmy Page is aware of the recent Sgt Pepper release and Pink Floyd boxes to name a couple. Zep remains inactive and so it is time to follow suit and issue the end-all Led Zeppelin album releases. Am I getting warm?

I wholeheartedly agree, Timbre but only a few years ago, Page remastered all the ZEP albums and released them as RBCDs [remastered] in gatefold packaging. If they follow Floyd and Sgt Pepper's template, they'll all be huge Vegas type productions with lavish coffee table hard covered books, RBCDs galore and hopefully, a BD~A/V FOR EACH ALBUM.

Me, personally, I'd prefer a Chicago QUADIO BD~A~type boxset without all the ludicrous fanfare but I'm not making the decisions.

[emoji108]Sure, but it isnt up to us.?Understanding Page as well as I think I do, there's little chance he would do it that way.

[emoji108]Sure, but it isnt up to us.?Understanding Page as well as I think I do, there's little chance he would do it that way.

If Scheiner had completed mixing ALL the Zep Albums in 5.1 then we might have a 'fighting' chance of seeing them released collectively but since he's retired, doubtful he'd ever agree to complete the project.

And with Page and Plant in their 70's, doubtful they'd have the ambition/stamina to oversee individual elaborate boxset releases of their undeniably superb creations....unless they were strapped for CASH....which is doubtful!

BTW, Page is 73 and his current net worth is $170M.

Plant is 68 and his current net worth is also $170M.

Back