DVD Audio Extractor - Very Nice!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one has a filename of dvdaudioextractor.exe ... it seems to only do dvd-audio files and ignores everything else. What would I use to extract LPCM content?

Just to be clear, Jon says in his original post #1 that this is not a DVD-A tool, or DVD- Audio if you will, but a DVD-V extracter of the audio from these V discs.

"The Audio portion of a DVD extractor" he calls it.

Probably "DVD Audio Exployer" is what is needed, if that is the question.

Didn't know this thing only ran for 30 days until needing to be purchased for $38.50. Well, I guess it's time to install it on a different computer. I paid about that for jRiver which is much more complex.

Didn't know this thing only ran for 30 days until needing to be purchased for $38.50. Well, I guess it's time to install it on a different computer. I paid about that for jRiver which is much more complex.

It did not remind you every time you booted it up that the trial is going to expire in a number of days? They just sprung it on you all of a sudden!

It did not remind you every time you booted it up that the trial is going to expire in a number of days? They just sprung it on you all of a sudden!

Yep. No reminders at all, or if there were I just didn't notice somehow.

I ended up paying for it... 40 bucks is a decent deal for a software I keep using all the time. Really like it. Note that their support isn't so good. Back in April, it stopped working on Linux and since then, you have to manually install an outdated system package to get it running again. I asked them for an updated version and all they keep saying is "yeah we'll make one".

That said, if you're on Windows, you could also use the free DVD-Audio Explorer and, if you want some advanced converting mojo (like merging several files into one, converting from WAV to FLAC while changing bitrates, etc.), use Xrecode II. The latter costs only 15 bucks. Then again, there's probably Foobar plugins that do the trick for free.

Other programs I've used and do recommend are MakeMKV for extracting from BluRay (including decryption), which is free for Linux users, and HandBrake, which is free, period. HandBrake lets you rip DVD-Vs to video files. MKVMerge, free as well, then lets you extract only the audio tracks from those video files.

Nice! So annoying how it will rip DVD-A streams to 96/24 flac but only up to 48/24 for blu rays with DTS-MA. Really wish it read copy protected blu rays though...ripping and converting the entire Chicago quadio set again will be quite the project for the next few days

Oh, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!

Yes, there is a MAC version , but it only works for OS X 10.7+ ...and my iMac is 10.6.8 and I am NOT updating it cause all of my programs will have problems...besides..it CAN'T be updated :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hope I get a better job so I can get a Mac Mini!!!

Yes, there is a MAC version , but it only works for OS X 10.7+ ...and my iMac is 10.6.8 and I am NOT updating it cause all of my programs will have problems...besides..it CAN'T be updated :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Oof... 10.6 has been deprecated for some time now, which means you have all kinds of security holes in your system. Even if you're careful online, you are an easy target for hackers. What software are you running that requires you to run Snow Leopard? What's your hardware and why can't you upgrade to a newer OS?

Exciting news! I rushed to install the new version right away.

It won't read 7.1 streams though... Unless I'm missing something?

I made a decrypted backup of the Ambra - Prism of Life Blu-Ray on my hard disk, then opened the folder in dvdae, and it only found two surround streams, both called, "DTS (96kHz 6Cch)".

Perhaps this is old news to most :)

I wanted to extract audio from a dvd-a .iso without burning it to a disc. Turns out in W10 you can open with Windows Explorer and it will open as a virtual dvd station with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS which DVDAE sees and is able to extract from. Sweet :)

Exciting news! I rushed to install the new version right away.

It won't read 7.1 streams though... Unless I'm missing something?

I made a decrypted backup of the Ambra - Prism of Life Blu-Ray on my hard disk, then opened the folder in dvdae, and it only found two surround streams, both called, "DTS (96kHz 6Cch)".

What's your next step? making mutlichannel files?

When I make MCH FLAC files from a 7.1 or Atmos disk, it says "6CH" on the first screen, but when I click next, one of the options is to make multichannel files with all 8 channels.

What's your next step? making mutlichannel files?

When I make MCH FLAC files from a 7.1 or Atmos disk, it says "6CH" on the first screen, but when I click next, one of the options is to make multichannel files with all 8 channels.

Ohh, that's very interesting!

I ended up using MakeMKV to get 7.1 audio from Blu-Rays, it's worked on all I've tried over the past years. If I only want the audio, I then use mkvtoolnix to extract it from the MKV file that MakeMKV has produced. Then I play the .mka or .mkv files in SMPlayer or Kodi.

Perhaps this is old news to most :)

I wanted to extract audio from a dvd-a .iso without burning it to a disc. Turns out in W10 you can open with Windows Explorer and it will open as a virtual dvd station with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS which DVDAE sees and is able to extract from. Sweet :)

Yup. And if you don't have Win10, any Windows tool that lets you 'mount' a disk image will do the same (e.g. free Daemon Tools Lite).

Mounting a disc has been built into OSX forever but OSX users already know that. :)
Same with the ability to burn from iso images.

Oh, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!

Hope I get a better job so I can get a Mac Mini!!!

Is the older version of DVD Audio Extractor that runs in 10.6 missing a feature you need?

Are you sure about 10.6 being the end OS for your machine? What model? You can always keep multiple systems and boot into what you need if your machine supports newer OSX. 10.6.8 has a very high stability and there are a handful of apps that would be a PITA to reinvent the wheel with on a newer system. I still keep 10.6.8 systems on both my machines and use them often.

Back