DVD Audio Extractor - Very Nice!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
OK, first off, it's not "DVD-Audio" Extractor, it's more like "The Audio portion of a DVD extractor".

Anyway, I've heard about this program for quite some time, and I finally downloaded it to try it. Man, it's fantastic! It does just what it says it does, and it does it well.

My wife really enjoyed the new Traffic live DVD, and asked me if she could play it in her car. Since it's not a DVD-A, she cannot. So I decided, heck, I'll just make it a DVD-A!

So, I downloaded DVD Audio Extractor and fired it up. TOO EASY.

First off, I was surprised that it allowed you to pick individual tracks off the disc, instead of having to rip the entire disc! If you want to output in the "WAV PCM Uncompressed Wave" format, you select which audio track you want (2 ch, 5.1 DD, etc), then your preferred sampling rate (11,22,3244,48), the number of channels (Mono, Stereo, or 6 Channels) then the bits (8, 16 or 24). If you like, it will save each channel as a seperate file. Other output choices are OGG Xiph Ogg/Vorbis, MP3 MPEG1 Layer III, Direct Stream Demux, and CD Image and CueSheet, each with their own parameters to select. I don't know much about these other options, I'm an "uncompressed Wave" kinda guy! :smokin

This program works great, and you can download a fully functional 30 day from their web site. To register the program, it costs only $28.50. This is a great deal for a program that does what it is supposed to do so well.

Now my wife will be after me for more DVD-A's for the Acura. Well, since the manufacturers are not rushing new DVD-A titles out to the stores (but releasing lots of surround DVD-V's), I guess I'll just have to make them myself! :D

I've had this for some time now, and it works great. I use it mainly for extracting stereo for the car of music DVD's I like.

I just tried it. It fails on Windows 2003 Server even though it's listed as a supported OS. Can't use it on my laptop because the DVD drive failed on that. I submitted a support ticket. I'll see what they say.

Attachments

• dvdaudioextractor_failure.jpg
    dvdaudioextractor_failure.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 384
ah that's unfortunate.. :(

it's a rare instance, I find, where any piece of software associated with this surround hobby works flawlessly on a Mac but against all odds this one does! I love it!

ah that's unfortunate.. :(

it's a rare instance, I find, where any piece of software associated with this surround hobby works flawlessly on a Mac but against all odds this one does! I love it!

Yea, I might have to install it on the Mac. Don't care for the slot loading drive all that much.

I just discovered this software this week and it's saved me tons of money!!! Instead of purchasing new surround music, I've been ripping multichannel tunes from DVDs and Blu-rays in my video library (the version of Orion by Metallica at the end of the movie "Through The Never" sounds great!) I've also started making my own "Best of The Doors" playlist using the Perception Set (I still love the AF Quad SACD as well, it's just missing some of my favorite tunes). Some Great surround DVD-Vs: McCartney Years, Queen Greatest Video Hits, Alice in Chains Music Bank (great mixes, not so great fidelity), Beatles (Anything!). Some losers (in terms of surround mixes): Radiohead "King of Limbs from the Basement"; ACDC "Let There Be Rock"; The "Ultimate" Big Country.

I was able to use a network drive to convert the dvd-audio from a Jesus & Mary Chain disk but each song came up with a duration of 0:00 in jRiver and jRiver has hung my macbook. Can't do anything with the computer. Had to turn it off by holding down the power button since nothing else would work. Great job, jRiver.

Yea, I might have to install it on the Mac. Don't care for the slot loading drive all that much.

I've ditched the "SuperDrive" that Apple supply (Super? ha! trades descriptions act = broken!) and now use a Samsung external BD RW gizmo.. with a tray to load, a little flimsier than I'd like but much more like it than the slot.. and of course it plays and burns Blu-rays of various flavours.. thanks to it and DVDAE my Mac is now full of my surround music! Hoorah! :D

I was able to use a network drive to convert the dvd-audio from a Jesus & Mary Chain disk but each song came up with a duration of 0:00 in jRiver and jRiver has hung my macbook. Can't do anything with the computer. Had to turn it off by holding down the power button since nothing else would work. Great job, jRiver.

I tried and tried with JRiver on my Mac.. unsuccessful.. I now use either VLC or Kodi, both do the Hi-Res, Quad & 5.1 things no quibble and both have lovely control app's so I can browse and play everything that's on my 4TB HD thru my AVR via HDMI (in 2.0/4.0/5.1 @44.1/48/96k - 16/24-bit as appropriate) with a few flicks of the iPad.
(Not bad for a self-confessed Luddite. Now I'm on the SQ>Mac case.. Wish me luck!) :D

Wow! 10 years later. LOL. I totally forgot making this post.

Yeah Even Snood can somehow figure this out and use it...............the only dvd/bluray disc that failed me on this software and me don't get it was ............

Janet Jackson - From Janet to Damita Jo

For some reason even though me getz the 5.1 on playback.........only 2.0 Dolby mixes come up on DVDAE and Snood has tried 2 different discs.

Any one else have this prob??

I first tried this app 6 or 7 years ago and wrote it off. They had a demo that was too crippled to even run and it was hard to trust anything with all the bait & switch products around at the time.

Tried it again just recently after some recommendations on the forum here.
They got it working! It's nicer than DVDAExplorer. It actually is still a bit crude like that one in the GUI but still it still comes out ahead.

Yeah Even Snood can somehow figure this out and use it...............the only dvd/bluray disc that failed me on this software and me don't get it was ............

Janet Jackson - From Janet to Damita Jo

For some reason even though me getz the 5.1 on playback.........only 2.0 Dolby mixes come up on DVDAE and Snood has tried 2 different discs.

Any one else have this prob??

Hey Snood! I was able to make .mka files from the Janet Jackson DVD and even cut out the talky parts of the videos, leaving pure 5.1 songs. I will be happy to share them with you.

Don't remember how I did it though. Probably dvdae, then MKVMerge.

Nice job, The Bright Side! I have used DVD-AE to extract all of my 5.1 mixes. It is so great to have them in wave form.

Finally got this program up and running, having obtained a new computer with Windows 10 and a working optical media drive. And it's not slot loading either, so I can use dualdiscs with no risk. I've already run through JMC Automatic and Devils Rejects. I'll try Yellow Note next, not sure that will work.

I first tried this app 6 or 7 years ago and wrote it off. They had a demo that was too crippled to even run and it was hard to trust anything with all the bait & switch products around at the time.

Tried it again just recently after some recommendations on the forum here.
They got it working! It's nicer than DVDAExplorer. It actually is still a bit crude like that one in the GUI but still it still comes out ahead.

I'm confused. What app are we talking about here? DVD Audio *Explorer* works fine, is free, and has all the featured described in the 10-yr old post. Been using if for years now (my current version is from 2008), still use it. It works on Windows 10 too.

This one has a filename of dvdaudioextractor.exe ... it seems to only do dvd-audio files and ignores everything else. What would I use to extract LPCM content?

Dvd audio extractor also rips LPCM from a dvda as faras I know. Which dvda are you trying to rip?

When the disc is a hybrid dvda-v, the dvda content will show up in the window. When the LPCM is on the dvdv part, you can browse to that particular folder using dvdae and rip.

Crowded House. I can find a 24 bit 48 khz 2ch track in the video folder, and a 24/96 6ch track in the audio folder. What I'm looking for is the 24bit/192khz 2ch track.

Back