HiRez Poll Satriani, Joe - STRANGE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Joe Satriani - STRANGE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Mix, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez Surround Disc! (y) :phones (n)

No comments yet? I'll start. I gave it a 10. I think this is an excellenet surround disc. Very good recording quality. Wonderful surround mix.

This was my first Satriani album (if I don't count G3) and I was pleased with the instrumental guitar music. (Thankfully, no singing.) Some of it rocks a little harder, but some of it is a little bit mellower, too.

The closest guitar-virtuoso type of surround disc that I previously had in my collection was the DVD-A of Eric Johnson's "Ah Via Musicom". And whilst I, musically speaking, still consider myself more of an Eric Johnson fan than a Joe Satriani fan, the comparison between the two hi-rez surround albums isn't even close. "Ah Via Musicom" somewhat disappointed me with its harsh sound, incorrect riffs, and a merely OK surround mix. Joe Satriani's "Strange Beautiful Music" on the other hand seems almost perfect to me.

An excellent album, by a great guitarist. The surround mix envelopes you, making you feel as though you’re in the studio. You’ll want to turn it up to 11, to get the full impact.

If you’re not familiar with Joe’s music, imagine Eddie Van Halen, or Tom Morello, or Robin Trower, or any of your favorite guitarists, doing an instrumental album.

I give it a 10.

A definate 10 for me. This was my first album by JS, and i love it, one of my favorite surrounds mixes also, SUPER.:banana:

I'll have to give this another spin. It's been too long since I played it and I've upgraded things since then. What I remember was good.

I've been a Joe Satriani fan since "Surfing with the alien".
I didn't bought this one yet, the reviews here convinced me to go get it. I'll post my review as soon as I kick a couple of listening out of it! :)

CarcPazu

I've been a die-hard fan of Joe's since 88' so this title already gets high marks, but it truly opens up the soundstage of the CD and brings you into the fold. Joe has personally told me that he doesn't yet own an SACD or DVD-A player so I doubt we'll ever see any further 5.1 titles from Satch emerge in the future, but "Belly Dancer" is one of my favorite tracks from this album and is a surround showcase for the uninitiated. If you enjoy lead guitar in a diverse range of styles from country to rock to metal, you should pick this up before it disappears alongside his only other SACD, albeit stereo-only, Engines Of Creation. A sincere 10 from me.

What everyone else has said, great music and a really superb surround mix. There are some very playful surround bits in some tracks. I don't spin this one real often, but enjoy it when I do. A 9.

Difficult to find these days, but worth the hunt.

Mark Z

I got this few months back & it is awesome!!!
I am not really a fan of JS, but this mix is super-awesome & makes me adore him. Unfortunately this is another Sony SACD to go OOP. Slowly becoming Hard to find. :-(

I spun this for the first time last night (thanks to dbmay75). This has to be one of the best surround experiences ever ... a full hour of absolute audio bliss!!! Satriani is a guitar wizard. A must have for any surround fan ... get it while you still can. A 10 for sure.

A "9".

Fantastic, wild mix of lots of musical masturbation! Perfectamundo!

I had such a hard time finding this and then after a long while searching, one came up on eBay new and sealed el cheapo!

New, sealed and cheap? I got stuck paying about $35 for my used one.

Found this sucker hiding in the corner... Dragged it out and cranked it. Kicks ass! My favorite Satch album made better by swirling guitar mixes and fantastic fidelity! Can't remember what I originally voted, but it wasn't high enough. Get it if you can find it!

Back