HiRez Poll Browne, Jackson - RUNNING ON EMPTY [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Jackson Browne - RUNNING ON EMPTY!

• Total voters
Just ordered a new copy of Jackson Browne: Running on Empty (CD & DVD Audio) in amazon.com for $23.98 shipped

Can't wait!!!

In case anybody wants a copy (used or new) here's the link in amazon, I think for fair prices still

http://www.amazon.com/Running-Empty-CD-DVD-Audio/dp/B000803PKY

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Thanks, I placed my order to ship here to the UK $34.91 just under £25, shipping could take until mid July, I know the wait will be worth it..."Oh wont you take just a little bit shorter"....

Haven't seen it this affordable since I bought it for 5$ new and sealed on eBay about 6 years ago. I still don't know what went through that seller's mind offering it for that price, but you know, classic gift horse/mouth situation.

Amazing album, top bonus material, great mix and sound. Straight 10 from me. I'd advise anybody to jump on this opportunity while it lasts! :)

Just found a used copy on ebay for $24 shipped. So...I'll be chiming in soon... :)

Dammit! Jackson Browne arrived today, but it's a dumb standard CD. I HATE, when they sell something claiming it's one format, only to receive it as another. butt pain. Now I have to return it. :smack:

Dammit! Jackson Browne arrived today, but it's a dumb standard CD. I HATE, when they sell something claiming it's one format, only to receive it as another. butt pain. Now I have to return it. :smack:

Bummer, hopefully they can recitify it with the appropriate 5.1 title.

I would be major pissed as it's an excellent DVD-A !!

I'm in the habit now of emailing the sellers to confirm what I believe I bought. Easy to do on ebay and also on amazon.
I hate the hassle of returns too.....

I'm in the habit now of emailing the sellers to confirm what I believe I bought. Easy to do on ebay and also on amazon.
I hate the hassle of returns too.....

Yeah, guess I'll need to do that too. But, heck, even the outer plastic sleeve says it's the deluxe CD/DVD-Audio edition....as does my confirmation email from them when it shipped.

Yeah, guess I'll need to do that too. But, heck, even the outer plastic sleeve says it's the deluxe CD/DVD-Audio edition....as does my confirmation email from them when it shipped.

It happens less often on Ebay...usually they provide pictures of the actual item...not just a stock photo..plus..the sellers answer emails quickly...amazon sellers rarely do and if they answer they tell you they aren't sure what it is because they are usually large companies...not individual sellers....it's happens a ton of times on amazon...I rarely buy used on there anymore...

It happens less often on Ebay...usually they provide pictures of the actual item...not just a stock photo..plus..the sellers answer emails quickly...amazon sellers rarely do and if they answer they tell you they aren't sure what it is because they are usually large companies...not individual sellers....it's happens a ton of times on amazon...I rarely buy used on there anymore...

haha, yeah. This seller was on ebay. Probably just bad luck on my part. :violin

Thanks, I placed my order to ship here to the UK $34.91 just under £25, shipping could take until mid July, I know the wait will be worth it..."Oh wont you take just a little bit shorter"....

My copy arrived today one day short of two weeks after placing the order, not bad at all considering the distance involved. BUT, I thought I was buying a brand new copy, well it's not it is obviously used, the cover shows wear the CD has scuff marks the DVD-A also though not as bad as the CD. BUT (again) the DVD-A seems to play, no time for a full listen until later today. Overall, I'm happy if not a little disappointed not to have received a brand new factory copy. I just checked Amazon, somebody wants $250 for a new one so I suppose I mustn't grumble......

Short Take: The great parts are GREAT. Recommended.

This one is so hard to rate because the live tracks are pretty much audience/ambience, but the studio tracks are discrete and lovely. In fact at lease one track starts discrete and reverts to a/a as it transitions to a live section, so it is a funny blend. I like all the music, so I am tempted to overlook the live mix philosophy and give it a straight 10, but I am going to deduct for the audience/ambience bits, and I agree that the fidelity of the live tracks is not as clean and stellar as other live recordings we have heard.

I rate this an 8 with the caveat that several tracks are really a 10. If you like the album you cannot go wrong with this purchase.

I got a mint used copy from Amazon for $14. Just received it today. I'll give it a listen or two and give my .02 as well... :)

My copy arrived today one day short of two weeks after placing the order, not bad at all considering the distance involved. BUT, I thought I was buying a brand new copy, well it's not it is obviously used, the cover shows wear the CD has scuff marks the DVD-A also though not as bad as the CD. BUT (again) the DVD-A seems to play, no time for a full listen until later today. Overall, I'm happy if not a little disappointed not to have received a brand new factory copy. I just checked Amazon, somebody wants $250 for a new one so I suppose I mustn't grumble......
If they advertised it as new you can very easily get a refund from Amazon.

I think I'll rip mine to FLAC. Hope it's not 24/48 like Graham Nash.

I ripped it. 96/24. Listening now. Liking it so far. One thing to note... It is definitely compressed looking at the files, but it doesn't sound harsh like some of the Genesis stuff and others that got a bit mangled.

I could do that yes, I did pay the advertised "from new" price so to get one that is clearly not new was a little disappointing but hey it plays fine and after all it's what comes out of my speakers that matters. It wasn't expensive so I'm not going to complain (that's a British thing) I'll just be more careful in future..

Gave it an 8. Agree with others that the concert tracks are just ok & that the quality of the original recordings probably limits the fidelity. Probably shouldn't have voted after listening to the first two Chicago blue rays, but what are you gonna do... :)

Very enjoyable! I gave it an 8. I'm not a huge JB fan though: The only material I'm familiar with is "Late For The Sky", which I have the CD-4 quad LP of.

The discrete portions of Running on Empty are pretty impressive, but in my opinion are definitely not as good as the "Late For The Sky" quad mix. I gave that a spin recently, and despite the quality of the pressing I have to say it may be one of my favorite surround mixes ever.

"Shaky Town" is my favorite track off this one, but as many noted the right side vocals are a little weird. Like others I'm disappointed with the ambient live stuff.

Last edited:
Back