Tales from The Who

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Various versions of this boot circulate. It's from DC or Philly 12/73 or both from a King Biscuit broadcast-I've read all three. My favorite version has the memorex commercials included and sounds quite good. The Tommy cuts are OTT Who. Well worth tracking down and really needs an official release.

Had this bootleg lp back in the day, on the Quadrapig label.Said it was QS .The concert is ok for a boot, but not a very good quad disc overall.

It had a cover illustrated by William Stout which I think it's greatest asset.(Stout was an early underground cartoonist btw).

When the hell will somebody do a conversion of this concert? And The Kinks' quad Soap Opera show also?

You gotta register & sign in, but then you can stream this show here.

It doesn't seem to be available for purchase there in any form, for some infuriating reason. Someone please correct me with a link if I'm wrong.

I love this one. I'd recorded the King Biscuit show before I even heard the studio LP, and was instantly mesmerized by the "new" stuff. Quadrophenia then quickly became the go-to album of my high school years.

-- Jim

There had been talk of an official release of these shows[both philly and dc]but they went nowhere.

Back