HiRez Poll Crowded House - CROWDED HOUSE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Crowded House - CROWDED HOUSE

• Total voters
Good Ole SPlit Enz Stuff...........some real nice and some reaaaaal quirky. Still very good overall :banana:

I REALLY like their "Finn" CD from the mid 90's , quirky and catchy as hell!!!

If you like that one..............you have to check out their Finn Brothers CD released 2004 - Everyone is Here

It is even catchier and better :dance:

Anybody else know if any other Crowded House albums were mixed in 5.1 surround?
Seems like their catalogue (at least until "Together Alone") would be awesome candidates for the 5.1 treatment.

(BTW still trying to find this disc for a good price. Dualdisc is preferable but I'd love to own this disc eventually) ;)

I got mine on ebay but I cant pull it up on my tablet now. I know I didnt pay much over $20 including shipping when I bought it, but I watched it for a long time before I bought it. Patience may be the key to a better deal.

Seems like their catalogue (at least until "Together Alone") would be awesome candidates for the 5.1 treatment.

(BTW still trying to find this disc for a good price. Dualdisc is preferable but I'd love to own this disc eventually) ;)

I don't think it came out on DualDisc.........nor any other albums but this one

Altho there is this DVD on Amazon on the cheap that is supposed to be surround sound...........I just got it and have not had time to give it a listen yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-House...=1392696167&sr=8-2&keywords=crowded+house+dvd

Oh wow never knew........sorry :confused:

Either way get it! It is One of the best..........DVD - Audio owner of course

This is the only one that got released as far as I know, and the videos collection on DVD-V is an upmix - even for the stuff from the self titled album.

SuperDeluxeEdition is hinting that there could be some Crowded House deluxe editions out in 2016, the 30th anniversary of the first album.
SDE is basing this on a tweet from Neil Finn saying "there will be some good stuff coming next year."

I do hope among this "good stuff" will be a reissue of this mix on HFPA Blu-Ray. I have the Dualdisc of this album, and the content (both music and mix) is absolutely wonderful!
It is need of a makeover however as the menus are a little old and tacky, so an uplift on Blu-Ray would definitely be welcome, especially considering how flawed Dualdisc is to begin with. :)

One of my favorite bands of all time. Their whole catalog could certainly benefit from 5.1 remixes. Together Alone would be especially awesome. Finn's previous band, Split Enz, could sound amazing in 5.1 as well.

Can't believe I never rated this one.

I'll start with the music. An easy 10. One of all time favorite bands. Finn is a master pop craftsman. Not a weak cut on the album.....or any Crowded House album as far as I'm concerned.

Fidelity....I really like the sound here. Much fuller than my original RBCD from 1986. Very dynamic, nice solid bass.

Mix.....very tastefully done. Active use of the rears. Subtle when they need to be but more aggressive when the music dictates it. Lots of things that I had never noticed before that had been buried in the stereo mix. I'm not put off by the mix of "Don't Dream It's Over." I actually liked how putting the "Hey Now Hey Now" in the rear speakers brought out a harmony line that I had never noticed before.

Bonus content.....I like how the lyrics automatically scroll forward unlike some other DVD-A's. Nice to have the videos for "Don't Dream It's Over" & "Something So Strong." If there is a gripe to made it would be that they didn't include the other music videos that were made from the album ("Now We're Getting Somewhere," "Mean to Me" and "World Where You Live.") Not a huge deal though as they're available elsewhere.

A solid, enjoyable release from start to finish. A wonderful mix of a wonderful album.

Fingers are crossed for some more Crowded House in surround. Neil Finn has confirmed in a recent interview that their catalog will be getting reissued later this year. I have it on good authority that an announcement with specific details will be made in July. Let's hope the rest of their catalog gets a 5.1 treatment.

Fingers are crossed for some more Crowded House in surround. Neil Finn has confirmed in a recent interview that their catalog will be getting reissued later this year. I have it on good authority that an announcement with specific details will be made in July. Let's hope the rest of their catalog gets a 5.1 treatment.

At the very least, they should reissue this surround mix on HFPA Blu-Ray since it has been long OOP, not to mention that the old DVDA is not the best in terms of visual presentation. The core of their catalogue (their first four albums) is owned by Capitol Records, which has been under Universal since 2013, so a release plan similar to the Tears for Fears and Simple Minds reissues (with DVD-A/V in a box and a separate Blu-Ray release) would be most welcome indeed! :)

At the very least, they should reissue this surround mix on HFPA Blu-Ray...

Please no, it should be remixed from scratch. It could be so much better. Bear in mind that a user called privateuniverse is likely a big Crowded House fan.

Back