HiRez Poll 3 Doors Down - SEVENTEEN DAYS [DVD-A DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of 3 Doors Down - SEVENTEEN DAYS

• 10: Great Mix, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Fidelity, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this disc! (y) :phones (n)

I am about to order this one unless I find some bad reviews. I really like "Away From the Sun" and hope this is almost as good. I guess nobody here owns this one since there have been no votes.

Chris

If u like the band u will like the disc. Sound quality is good. Mix is tame but good. The disc honestly exceeded my expecations. If you like good Modern Rock or this band in particular the disc is worth getting.

If u like the band u will like the disc. Sound quality is good. Mix is tame but good. The disc honestly exceeded my expecations. If you like good Modern Rock or this band in particular the disc is worth getting.

My only prior experience with the band is the "Away From the Sun" SACD. "Away From the Sun" is also available in DVD-A, and the band has a Monster Music SuperDisc, "Away From the Sun - Live From Houston". For a group with only a few releases they are doing their part by having surround available. Their first 3 studio albums were pretty big sellers. I just saw the Monster SuperDisc for sale by several sellers on eBay so it appears to have quickly reached cutout status and I suspect Monster has quit releasing their high quality DVD-V surround discs.

Chris

I just got this today and have listened to almost all of it, and I am sure to not get back to it again anytime soon so I thought I would leave my thoughts now. The Universal/Republic DualDisc includes the 12 song album in 48kHz/24-bit surround and 4 bonus songs, accoustic stereo versions of 4 of the songs in 96kHz/24-bit DVD-A.

As with every Universal SACD and DualDisc I have, there are no bad surprises. The album is not quite as good as "Away From the Sun", but I love that one so I wasn't expecting it to be. The surround mix is not the least bit aggressive which is my preference for music like this. This is just straight forward southern rock but the song writing appears to be a step backward from their last album. Bob Seger appears as a guest on one song. There are a couple of videos, I watched part of one with Dolby Digital 5.1, 4:3 video. I will give it a 7 across the board, content, fidelity and mix, all above average to my tastes. I like simple rock music.

I also received their Monster Music SuperDisc "Away From the Sun: Live From Houston" and it rocks. The DTS on the stage mix is awesome. I haven't listened to the Dolby Digital Audience mix yet, but will next time. I was glad to see that Monster is planning some more high quality DVD-V's. The retail price on the disc is high, $29.xx, but it is being closed out on eBay at a great price for this quality. I consider it my reference standard for audio/video quality for a concert on DVD-V, it was shot in HD and is superb in every respect, only the performance could be better but that is also good.

Chris

And 12 years later...

This little southern rocker is hidden away for some reason.
I find the music is cool
The mix is acceptable and it actually does compliment the music.
The band perform well
A good mixture of songs

8 for their effort.

I
And 12 years later...

This little southern rocker is hidden away for some reason.
I find the music is cool
The mix is acceptable and it actually does compliment the music.
The band perform well
A good mixture of songs

8 for their effort.
If you haven't rocked their Live From Houston Superdisc, do it!

Back