Uriah Heep or Motorhead on SACD ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Here's an interesting one.

Remastering engineer Steve Hoffman, who has worked on the upcoming Creedence Clearwater Revival and Zombies Stereo SACDs, is polling members of his forum at www.stevehoffman.tv/forum...eadid=5725 on whether they would be interested in future SACDs by either Uriah Heep or Motorhead.

If you're a heavy metal fan, you may want to put in your vote.

Unfortunately you have to register on the website to send a reply, but this one is worth it. I put in a vote for Uriah Heep.

The Quadfather

The voting is probably worth it. Hoffman has already completed several SACDs and has more planned for various labels.

So now is the time to let him know what you may be willing to buy in hi rez !

I don't know about that. Steve Hoffman recently told me he's intrigued by the notion of working on a hi rez Multichannel remix project at some point.

Time will tell. In the meantime, when you vote, be sure you indicate that there is a higher chance of you buying his SACD remixes if they include a Multichannel mix!

It never hurts to ask - or lobby in this case.

And since a Multichannel SACD also has both Stereo SACD and Stereo CD mixes as well, everyone wins !

I thought this thread should be bumped as the one from SH.tv was also bumped. Maybe now is the time to spark up some interest for either Stereo or Multichannel SACD releases from these bands. I for one would go for some Multichannel Uriah Heep, provided some were done in Quad in the 70's.

A 5.1 of "Demons and Wizards" would be fantastic, this one sounds great to me using Dolby PLIIx. But "Very 'Eavy...Very 'Umble" "Salisbury" "Look at Yourself" "Magician's Birthday" "Sweet Freedom" would be fine also, along with all the others too (y). Yeah, like me some Heep!

Back