Pioneer SD-1000 Scope

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoder Man

I recently purchased an SD-1000 for no other reason than to have one for evaluation. I say this because, many people have indicated that having a scope, such as this, makes it easier to monitor the output of a TATE or Lafayette SQ-W.

This unit did not come with the original cables or owners manual. When I have the time to put a good effort into it, I'm certain I'll have no difficulty in figuring out how to proprly use it. However. If there is anyone who uses an SD-1000 or for that matter, an SD-1100 in their system will you please be kind enough to pass on any pertinent and usefull information?

I want to thank all those members who viewed this post. I am, to say the least, a tad disappointed that no one has an operating manual. Well the good news is, I acquired original service manuals for both, the SD-1000 and SD-1100. This should give me enough information to operate the unit.

By the way. I acquired another SD-1000. Except for the missing aluminium caps on the four plastic knobs, it's in excellent condition. Should anyone be interested, you can have it for $500.00 plus shipping. I'll even throw in a copy of the service manual.

I don't think there were that many of these made. I seem to recall that the Panasonic/Technics units were more visable in stores, although all models of these scopes were pretty specialized.

There was a guy who was going to set up a web page that would archive a lot of quad manuals and tech sheets/schematics, but he seems to have disappeared. I wonder what happened to him?

You are absolutely correct on not too many being made. Oak Tree Vintage Audio lists the SD-1000 as "X" rare and the SD-1100 as "XX" rare.

JonUrban said:
I don't think there were that many of these made. I seem to recall that the Panasonic/Technics units were more visable in stores, although all models of these scopes were pretty specialized.

There was a guy who was going to set up a web page that would archive a lot of quad manuals and tech sheets/schematics, but he seems to have disappeared. I wonder what happened to him?

Do you know that you can get a kit that can give a Quad display in almost
all Scopes
I have been using it for over 20 years
Ron

You have aroused my curiosity. Provide more details.

Dave

rustyandi said:
Do you know that you can get a kit that can give a Quad display in almost
all Scopes
I have been using it for over 20 years
Ron

I want to thank all those members who viewed this post. I am, to say the least, a tad disappointed that no one has an operating manual. Well the good news is, I acquired original service manuals for both, the SD-1000 and SD-1100. This should give me enough information to operate the unit.

By the way. I acquired another SD-1000. Except for the missing aluminium caps on the four plastic knobs, it's in excellent condition. Should anyone be interested, you can have it for $500.00 plus shipping. I'll even throw in a copy of the service manual.

Hi Neil here. I don't have to tell you how hard these are to find, it took me literally 15 years to find one. IMG_5761.JPGIMG_5760.JPGIMG_5759.JPG

;)
:yikes:yikes

Where the hell did you find that?

Looks like it showing some age lol.....but koooooo find:banana::banana::banana:...??

Any treasure maps hidden inside of it lol :cool:

Right back at ya Snood. No treasures except in and of itself, it wears its 44 year age well with just a bit of a slight tear and I definitely will not be taping it, would be desecration. This actually came with an SD 1000, the seller hadn't mentioned a thing about it in their description, so you can imagine how I reacted when I saw it. WOOOOOHOOOOO !! Search over!!!

;)

Right back at ya Snood. No treasures except in and of itself, it wears its 44 year age well with just a bit of a slight tear and I definitely will not be taping it, would be desecration. This actually came with an SD 1000, the seller hadn't mentioned a thing about it in their description, so you can imagine how I reacted when I saw it. WOOOOOHOOOOO !! Search over!!!

Would you consider scanning it to .pdf and posting it for those of us who are still trying to get a GOOD quality copy of it?

There's a not all that great quality .pdf out there, but I'd like to print my own high quality copy.

I'd like to think I'd be lucky enough to find an original, but I probably used up all of THAT luck finding the piece itself.

From what I've been able to research, the 1000 is MORE (not LESS) rare than the 1100. I think the 1100 might be a slightly more refined machine and it has the classic "Silver Era" ergonomics, but the 1000 has charms of its own.

PM me and I'll send you my email. If you need something for the trouble, just let me know. I have .pdf's to trade, btw. Thx!

I posted my .pdf's to HiFiEngine.com

The OM is B&W and (again) not all that great looking, but it's there, and that's better than nothing.

Still imploring someone (anyone) to post a better, cleaner, color scan.

I don't think it would hurt the value of the original OM, because there are SO few of them surviving in the first place.

The piece itself isn't commonplace. So demand is depressed apart from those owning the actual machine, which is....well you get the idea.

TIA,

Back