Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new on the quad forum. Thought I'd share some pics of my 5.1 setup. SONY A/V Receiver STR1060 7.1. Sources OPPO 103, ATV3. Speakers are PSB Century 1000i Towers, PSB 8C center and rears are PSB Image 3LR, sub is PSB Subsonic 5. Last photo is my vinyl collections (just over 500 LPs). and also shows a pair of Decware Radial 1.5s speakers which I'll be moving tp my office for a Tube based 2.0 rig.

Sweet!!! (really cool "Split Enz" tryptich!!)
Welcome to your friendly neighborhood QQ Forum!!!
Get ready to transfer your money into the shelves!!!! ;)
:smokin

Excellent looking. Sooooo - you mention 500 albums. Where is your turntable?

I'm new on the quad forum. Thought I'd share some pics of my 5.1 setup. SONY A/V Receiver STR1060 7.1. Sources OPPO 103, ATV3. Speakers are PSB Century 1000i Towers, PSB 8C center and rears are PSB Image 3LR, sub is PSB Subsonic 5. Last photo is my vinyl collections (just over 500 LPs). and also shows a pair of Decware Radial 1.5s speakers which I'll be moving tp my office for a Tube based 2.0 rig.

View attachment 28576
View attachment 28577
View attachment 28578

In the spirit of revealing my gear publicly (I am normally a bit shy) here it is. L, R, BL, BR speakers are B&W CM 10 S2 and the Center is a matching B&W Center. Amp/Receiver is the Onkyo TX RZ900, an Oppo 103, a Marantz 8004 (rarely used anymore) and a power conditioner/ surge protector whose name escapes me right now. I may upgrade to the Oppo 203 one day, but not until I upgrade the TV to 4k. It does what I need for now.

Attachments

• IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_3228.jpg
    IMG_3228.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 292
In the spirit of revealing my gear publicly (I am normally a bit shy) here it is. L, R, BL, BR speakers are B&W CM 10 S2 and the Center is a matching B&W Center. Amp/Receiver is the Onkyo TX RZ900, an Oppo 103, a Marantz 8004 (rarely used anymore) and a power conditioner/ surge protector whose name escapes me right now. I may upgrade to the Oppo 203 one day, but not until I upgrade the TV to 4k. It does what I need for now.

very nice, very clean. :)

Thanks!!

My TT is not hooked up at the moment as I'm in the process of relocating my 2.0 system to another room. In the 2nd pic to the far right you can catch a glimpse of it. It's a red Project Carbon Debut with a Ortofon 2m Bronze. I use it with a Musical Paradise MP1 phono pre, Project Speedbox and Yaqin ML 10 integrated 50w tube amp to a pair of Decware radial (Sensitivity @94 dB) speakers for nice pure analog playback.

Last edited:

Thanks!

My TT is not connected as I'm moving my 2.0 system to another room. To answer your question my TT rig is as follows: Project Carbon Debut with Ortofon 2m Bronze cartridge and acrylic platter. Musical Paradise MP1 tube phono pre, Project Speedbox V, Yaqin MC 10L integrated tube amplifier (Class A, 50 watts, @4 ohms) to a pair of Decware Radial 1.5 speakers (sensitivity 92dB). The speakers are pretty unique as they are up-firing with an 8" driver in a cherry veneer cylinder cabinet, and planar ribbon tweeter that can be fine tuned using drop-in resistors. Very full soundstage no need to worry about finding a sweet spot.

IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg
IMG_0136.jpg

Last edited:

Nice system. I'm lusting after the OPPO 203 as well but like you waiting for 4K TV upgrade.

This is my listening room. You can view the equipment list in my profile

temporary image hosting

image sharing

img host

upload image online

EDIT: On looking at this, I guess I could have straightened up a bit... and the pics themselves are terrible. It looks so much better in person. It is a room with very dim lighting (by choise)and the camera flash does not flatter it. You other guys took some really nice pics.

Last edited:
Finally after 15 years I have 5 Paradigm Studio 60's v2 speakers. 4 of them have the wood slabs on the sides so I'm still hoping someday to find another pair of those and replace the center. Nevertheless, what a beautiful balance and wonderful sound I have now.

IMG_0702_small.jpg
IMG_0701_small.jpg

Finally after 15 years I have 5 Paradigm Studio 60's v2 speakers. 4 of them have the wood slabs on the sides so I'm still hoping someday to find another pair of those and replace the center. Nevertheless, what a beautiful balance and wonderful sound I have now.

View attachment 28753
View attachment 28754

Very Nice. I have the same speakers as my Mains (left and right).
I am looking for a second pair for the rears. My center is the matching Studio CC 590 V5. Highly recommended.
Can't see the sub, but I have the Seismic 110. Fits like a glove.
I see you have a lava lamp. I have the exact same one by my speakers!
Must be a Canadian thing.

Can't remember what I've posted. Some pics from front view to rear view and view with sub.
Rear
View attachment 28758

Front view
View attachment 28759

Another front view
View attachment 28760

Some nice gear, Gene. VERY well organized.

BTW, I can see the HOCKEY PUCKS but where's the HOCKEY STICK?:ugham:

Suggestion: If you have any more of those hockey pucks left....try putting them under your center speaker. It may sound better! Elevating speakers off the floor [MOST especially carpeted surfaces] and/or shelving really does make a difference.

Back