Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice. I have the same speakers as my Mains (left and right).
I am looking for a second pair for the rears. My center is the matching Studio CC 590 V5. Highly recommended.
Can't see the sub, but I have the Seismic 110. Fits like a glove.
I see you have a lava lamp. I have the exact same one by my speakers!
Must be a Canadian thing.

Yeah, the lava lamp is a must for those long listening sessions! ;)

My system is strictly for music so I decided to go sans sub. I used to have the Studio CC 470 but like the Studio 60 better, again because it's just music - no movies.

IMG_9733web_zpsid95weyg.jpg

Arrows pointing to hockey pucks and Nintendo ;)

Some nice gear, Gene. VERY well organized.

BTW, I can see the HOCKEY PUCKS but where's the HOCKEY STICK?:ugham:

Suggestion: If you have any more of those hockey pucks left....try putting them under your center speaker. It may sound better! Elevating speakers off the floor [MOST especially carpeted surfaces] and/or shelving really does make a difference.

Yeah - I was going to do that as well. I bought a box of 12 pucks. So I have 8 left. :)

Can't remember what I've posted. Some pics from front view to rear view and view with sub.
Front view
View attachment 28759

Nice setup!

I like the way your center speaker sits below the TV. I wish mine were that way.....

One observation from my own setup: Originally I had the center speaker pushed back a few inches on its shelf. Clarity improved when I placed the center speaker flush with the front edge. If I understand correctly this reduces diffraction effects.

Have you tried this with your center?

Steve

Nice setup!

I like the way your center speaker sits below the TV. I wish mine were that way.....

One observation from my own setup: Originally I had the center speaker pushed back a few inches on its shelf. Clarity improved when I placed the center speaker flush with the front edge. If I understand correctly this reduces diffraction effects.

Have you tried this with your center?

Steve

Good point. No, I haven't. Guess I was only trying to get the center in line with the fronts. Though, I suppose that's not even correct because in terms of distance from my ear, the center is already closer. :mad:@: I'll have to try it. Makes sense. Or maybe I can keep it where it is and use the pucks to raise it up. I dunno. Whatever I do, I'd have to run Audyssey again.

Good point. No, I haven't. Guess I was only trying to get the center in line with the fronts. Though, I suppose that's not even correct because in terms of distance from my ear, the center is already closer. :mad:@: I'll have to try it. Makes sense. Or maybe I can keep it where it is and use the pucks to raise it up. I dunno. Whatever I do, I'd have to run Audyssey again.

My endless system tweaking drives my wife crazy! It all sounds good to her. In the big picture I'm very happy that she is easily pleased :)

I always use a laser distance meter from the listening position, after finishing the receiver setup - to get the distance settings correct. There usually are some deviation. And, of course - it is a great opportunity to use a cool gadget :banana:

Some nice gear, Gene. VERY well organized.

BTW, I can see the HOCKEY PUCKS but where's the HOCKEY STICK?:ugham:

Suggestion: If you have any more of those hockey pucks left....try putting them under your center speaker. It may sound better! Elevating speakers off the floor [MOST especially carpeted surfaces] and/or shelving really does make a difference.

The kid down the street is always mis-shooting hockey pucks all over the place. I had usually just collected them and put them back in the net. But now that I have a use for them to get my center speaker off the floor, well I guess he'd better improve his accuracy! LOL

Gene: What are the make and models of your speakers?

REALLY digging the "Pyramid" cover(???)

Yeah, its the inner gatefold artwork from Pyramid. Done by Hipgnosis I believe? I sometimes change what's being displayed in those frames. There is a lot of great artwork and so little wall space. From APP, there is also a cover of Turn of a Friendly Card hanging just above the Pyramid cover. I didn't even include pics of most of the Beatles wall that is above the fireplace.

You get Mega Points for the Xbox and the Nintendo - Kooooooo Sn:banana::banana:eek:od a gamer tooooooooo

Ha, thanks Snood
My real gaming rig is in another room.
Love my venerable Kef 105.4s (minor modification told to me by the original designer to make them the way they were intended) Sony SQD 2010 on top replaced my home built unit I did when I was 20 something that split the audio into 3 bands and ran it through 3 Marantz SQA-2 and also had the board from a CD-400B in there as well. Could select between 2 channel, Hall with a variable blend in the rear, full SQ or CD-4. Have a noisy op amp in the crossover unit I have to trace down
I was a kooky kid back then.
Now I am working on a drop in daughter board for the SQD-2010 to do some functional calculations to improve the positional audio on 2 channel and 4 channel recordings.
Best
Nite

Ha, thanks Snood
My real gaming rig is in another room.
Love my venerable Kef 105.4s (minor modification told to me by the original designer to make them the way they were intended) Sony SQD 2010 on top replaced my home built unit I did when I was 20 something that split the audio into 3 bands and ran it through 3 Marantz SQA-2 and also had the board from a CD-400B in there as well. Could select between 2 channel, Hall with a variable blend in the rear, full SQ or CD-4. Have a noisy op amp in the crossover unit I have to trace down
I was a kooky kid back then.
Now I am working on a drop in daughter board for the SQD-2010 to do some functional calculations to improve the positional audio on 2 channel and 4 channel recordings.
Best
Nite

Pretty kooooo stuff - kooooooky is goood :banana:

Kooooopatroooooopas :banana::banana::banana:

Awesome Spock!! :cool:

And there is Yoshi sitting in the miniature Mario Kart car by the Wii U console. The Xbox is placed just to the right of the right front speaker, outside the picture. No PS4 yet, but will be purchased when the tempting exclusives hits critical mass :banana:

Have the latest Zelda (Wii U version) game on pre-order, will hopefully receive it this friday, will get Switch later - when there are enough exclusives!

The kid down the street is always mis-shooting hockey pucks all over the place. I had usually just collected them and put them back in the net. But now that I have a use for them to get my center speaker off the floor, well I guess he'd better improve his accuracy! LOL

Gene: What are the make and models of your speakers?

Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RC3

Front Channel Speakers
Klipsch RF-82 II

Rear Channel Speakers
Klipsch RP3 (Each has its own powered sub built in)

Subwoofer (LFE Channel)
Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI

And there is Yoshi sitting in the miniature Mario Kart car by the Wii U console. The Xbox is placed just to the right of the right front speaker, outside the picture. No PS4 yet, but will be purchased when the tempting exclusives hits critical mass :banana:

Have the latest Zelda (Wii U version) game on pre-order, will hopefully receive it this friday, will get Switch later - when there are enough exclusives!

Awwwwwwwwesome you Nintendo Fanboy lol - Itsa me Snoodio :rolleyes:

you do any PC gaming??

Me looking to maybe spring for the Xbox 1 S (if they fix the fan probs) or maybe wait for Scorpio - most of my gaming is now on PC mainly on Steam, but grew up all the way up to now with the Nintendo, Genesis, N64, XBOX, 360 etc - never had a Playstation tho even tho played a lil on them with friends.

Still have my N64, Xbox and 360 :cool:

Never got into the handhelds, but lotta my buds love them.

Awwwwwwwwesome you Nintendo Fanboy lol - Itsa me Snoodio :rolleyes:

you do any PC gaming??

Me looking to maybe spring for the Xbox 1 S (if they fix the fan probs) or maybe wait for Scorpio - most of my gaming is now on PC mainly on Steam, but grew up all the way up to now with the Nintendo, Genesis, N64, XBOX, 360 etc - never had a Playstation tho even tho played a lil on them with friends.

Still have my N64, Xbox and 360 :cool:

Never got into the handhelds, but lotta my buds love them.

Xbox One is great - S and Scorpio looks interesting. I have Xbox One Elite with the very nice controller - you should get one of these!!

No pc gaming at the moment, I stick to the concoles, still got N64, Gamecube (my all-time fave), Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360. Never had any of the handhelds.

Exciting times for concole gaming with Dolby Atmos and 4K hdr etc coming!!

Last edited:
Back