HiRez Poll Depeche Mode - VIOLATOR [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Depeche Mode - VIOLATOR

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Mix, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I did try to play the CD...it's a CD. :'(

I also bought Song of Faith, and it's a CD as well, but in its case, the DVD won't play in my region, so it was a total waste of money. Hoping in the near future to get an Oppo player, so I can mod my current Pioneer to be region-free. All is not yet lost!

I did try to play the CD...it's a CD. :'(

I also bought Song of Faith, and it's a CD as well, but in its case, the DVD won't play in my region, so it was a total waste of money. Hoping in the near future to get an Oppo player, so I can mod my current Pioneer to be region-free. All is not yet lost!

There were multiple releases of the Depeche mode sets...

Europe releases with SACD & PAL DVD
US (Rhino IIRC) with plain old CD & NTSC DVD (Region 1)
Europe re-issue with plain old CD & PAL DVD

& possibly a Japanese SACD & NTSC release??

There were multiple releases of the Depeche mode sets...

Europe releases with SACD & PAL DVD
US (Rhino IIRC) with plain old CD & NTSC DVD (Region 1)
Europe re-issue with plain old CD & PAL DVD

& possibly a Japanese SACD & NTSC release??

I think Mute must have goofed at some point with these, cos I got a couple of these with the teeny-tiny SA-CD logo on the back of the pack but just the plain old vanilla CD inside! :mad:@:

replaced them both and got the SA's no sweat :)

oh no! I'm sorry to hear the same thing happened to you! does yours have the SA-CD logo on the back of the case? my first one did have the SA-CD logo on the back of the digipak but it was just the regular CD inside. the next one I bought was the SA-CD though! yeay! :)

glad you're enjoying it! great mixes! we were SO lucky to have got all these DM albums in surround!! (y)

I've got the DM SACD of Violator but the SACD will not play in my Oppo BDP83SE - the only disc in my 600+ collection that will not play. Anyone else who have problems with this? Still, I am quite happy with the DVD DTS which is fabulous sounding...

I've got the DM SACD of Violator but the SACD will not play in my Oppo BDP83SE - the only disc in my 600+ collection that will not play. Anyone else who have problems with this? Still, I am quite happy with the DVD DTS which is fabulous sounding...

I'll try it on my CA651 (Oppo 93 clone) now.. though I don't know if that's much use to you!? :eek:

I have a Oppo BDP83SE also and guess what.... My violator SACD doesn't play also!!! :mad: Its also the only SACD that will not play in my collection...
I made a PS3 copy and that plays fine...:banana:

Anyone else have this issue?

I think Mute must have goofed at some point with these, cos I got a couple of these with the teeny-tiny SA-CD logo on the back of the pack but just the plain old vanilla CD inside! :mad:@:

replaced them both and got the SA's no sweat :)

FYI - The Europe - re-issues (that I have) do not have the "eensy weeny teeny-tiny" SACD logo.... same with the Rhino versions...

I have a Oppo BDP83SE also and guess what.... My violator SACD doesn't play also!!! :mad: Its also the only SACD that will not play in my collection...
I made a PS3 copy and that plays fine...:banana:

Anyone else have this issue?

is your SA-CD out set to "DSD" or "PCM"?

anytime an SOB SA-CD gives me grief (not very often) setting SA-CD out to PCM (which I leave it on most the time but that's a different story..!) does the trick - whether going via HDMI or MultiCh analogue out.

anytime an SOB SA-CD gives me grief (not very often) setting SA-CD out to PCM (which I leave it on most the time but that's a different story..!) does the trick - whether going via HDMI or MultiCh analogue out.

Mr Fredblue - I think you know the answer.... why would I have a 83SE and then output PCM via analog ;)..

I will try via PCM, but I'm not giving it much hope...

Since the problem is that the player can not read the disc at all I doubt that this will make any difference...

On a side note, I have problems in understanding the DSD/PCM thing... I have tried both but it seems that the player displays PCM even if i have chosen DSD when I play a sacd. Anyone care to enlighten me!

Since the problem is that the player can not read the disc at all I doubt that this will make any difference...

On a side note, I have problems in understanding the DSD/PCM thing... I have tried both but it seems that the player displays PCM even if i have chosen DSD when I play a sacd. Anyone care to enlighten me!

I can't explain it but trust me it works - DSD setting seems to cause a problem for some player/receiver combinations with certain SACDs. (it's only an issue on a couple of discs that I can remember - MJ's "Thriller" & Marvin Gaye "Midnight Love" MultiCh. out of 300+ SACDs its not bad going.)

is your player set to Bitstream or LPCM out?

Mr Fredblue - I think you know the answer.... why would I have a 83SE and then output PCM via analog ;)..

I will try via PCM, but I'm not giving it much hope...

Er, because that is the whole point of the 83SE - the improved and separate audio board, and if you read the manual using the analogue outs is recommended.....

Er, because that is the whole point of the 83SE - the improved and separate audio board, and if you read the manual using the analogue outs is recommended.....

I think Mike meant he'd stream DSD via analogue from his BDP rather than PCM..!? :mad:@:

well that's how I understood it anyhow.. :eek:

I can't explain it but trust me it works - DSD setting seems to cause a problem for some player/receiver combinations with certain SACDs. (it's only an issue on a couple of discs that I can remember - MJ's "Thriller" & Marvin Gaye "Midnight Love" MultiCh. out of 300+ SACDs its not bad going.)

is your player set to Bitstream or LPCM out?

Bitstream, since I want to have the option to let the receiver do the decoding. Might this affect the DSD output?

Back