Dual Disc New Ennio Morricone's Here's to you...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucanu

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Cabras, Sardinia, Italy, Europe, World, Solar syst
This is a new release from italian composer and soundtrack master.

Heard of it in a radio station during an interview, he explained the dualdisc features and capabilities.

Here are the details:

Here's to you Ennio Morricone (2006)

Live recorded in Verona, Rome, London, Tokyo, Budapest.
DVD Side: Entire album in Dolby Surround 5.1, DTS and PCM Stereo. Also includes an Ennio Morricone video interview and 'My Life, my Music', by Giovanni Morricone, a 25 minutes documentary. DVD side total time is 90 minutes.

Nice!
That will be the second Morricone release in multichannel. Too bad it's very hard to find out the first release, a CD4 of "Soundtracks", done in 1974.

I'm curious to hear any comments about this one. I'm hoping someone could chime in on the Multichannel mix. The hype sticker states "One disc. Two experiences." I'm only interested in one of these two experiences. :)

Here's the blurb found on Amazon:

The first dual disc by Ennio Morricone contains some of his most representative themes recorded live over the past 2 years in remarkable places such as the international forum in Tokyo, the Royal Albert Hall in London, the Palais Des Conres in Paris, the Arena in Verona, Circo Massimo in Rome etc. A breathtaking track listing includes 'C'era Una Volta Il West', 'Mission', 'Malena', 'Here's to You', 'Nuovo Cinema Paradiso' and more. The DVD side contains 5.1 mix of the album and a short film where Morricone speaks about himself, his career, his music and his relationship with the directors he has worked with.

I'm curious to hear any comments about this one. I'm hoping someone could chime in on the Multichannel mix. The hype sticker states "One disc. Two experiences." I'm only interested in one of these two experiences. :)

Here's the blurb found on Amazon:

I checked Amazon for availability of this dualdisc and they supposedly have 3 used but when you click onto the used moniker it erroneously reverts to the VINYL edition, instead. For those who like Hi Res mch Morricone on SACD look no further http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=3488. Still available rather inexpensively: http://www.importcds.com/plays-ennio-morricone/828767622521

Also highly recommended is this 2016 Universal Hong Kong Stereo SACD release: http://www.importcds.com/very-best-of-ennio-morricone/600753665466

I found it an underwhelming 'live venue' mix (at best).. save your money for something else if you get your kicks from engagingly discrete active surround sound music.
YMMV and all that but that's my two pennuth, fwiw.

I found it an underwhelming 'live venue' mix (at best).. save your money for something else if you get your kicks from engagingly discrete active surround sound music.
YMMV and all that but that's my two pennuth, fwiw.

Thanks for saving me some $$$$, Adam~Blue. I found one [dualdisc] @ AmazonUK and was going to pull the trigger but then deleted and after reading your critique, am glad I did. Do you have the Yo Yo Ma/Ennio Morricone mch SACD? Not discrete but fabulous sounding nonetheless.

Thanks for saving me some $$$$, Adam~Blue. I found one [dualdisc] @ AmazonUK and was going to pull the trigger but then deleted and after reading your critique, am glad I did. Do you have the Yo Yo Ma/Ennio Morricone mch SACD? Not discrete but fabulous sounding nonetheless.

You're welcome :upthumb
Yo (yo) Ralpheeo, do you mean Yo Yo Plays Ennio?
If so, Yo, yo, I gots da DualD & da SACD, still in dee shrink a-waiting a-play, never enough hours in a-day, eh :eek:
I'm off to bed, long day and way too many tonight to get over it.. haha. Ciao for now, keep rockin' and a-yo-yo-ing! :)

Back