HiRez Poll Ladysmith Black Mambazo - LONG WALK TO FREEDOM [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Ladysmith Black Mambazo - LONG WALK TO FREEDOM

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez 5.1 title! (y) :phones (n)

This one features another great 5.1 Surround Sound Mix by Martin Walters. If you liked the first Ladysmith Black Mambazo album, this will be a must have.

Very good album and mix - my fave Ladysmith in surround. Once again, tho, it's mastered a bit loud for a vocal recording - my only complaint.

Well, to me this is simply the best sounding disc I own. The sonics and the 5.1-mix does not get any better than this, according to my preferences. The voices jump out of all the speakers in a way that floors me completely.

I really like the music as well.

sonics 10
5.1-mix 10
content 8

Overall I give a 9.

//Uffe

Well, to me this is simply the best sounding disc I own. The sonics and the 5.1-mix does not get any better than this, according to my preferences. The voices jump out of all the speakers in a way that floors me completely.

I really like the music as well.

sonics 10
5.1-mix 10
content 8

Overall I give a 9.

//Uffe

If you like this one, be sure to get the earlier Ladysmith Black Mambazo SACD as well. Another amazing SACD Surround Sound mix there as well !

This is a superb SACD. Beautiful a cappella vocals with a demo quality surround mix. For fans of "Graceland" there are new versions of their 2 biggest contributions to that LP plus a host of special guests (vocal and instrumental) provide some nice variety to the arrangements. A 10 for me.

Mrs. Baggins says "10," so 10 it is. Honestly, this is super-duper discrete. Well-recorded. Material is right up our alley. We love this kind of stuff.
It's mostly A Capella African singing, so, if that isn't your thing, just move along! But, if you can hang with that, this will blow your day-gum mind.

Back