HiRez Poll Kraftwerk - MINIMUM MAXIMUM [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Kraftwerk - MINIMUM MAXIMUM

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters
Anybody seen these for pre-order anywhere, other than Amazon.de?

I would be surprised if this really happens, happily surprised as I missed getting the German version first go round. But interestingly enough though, SA-CD.net has listed both versions on their website, when only 10 days ago they just had one version listed. And not listed as being different from any other version. Hopefully it's not a typo on EMI's reissue page or only regular CD's.

http://www.sa-cd.net/search/kraftwerk

Yes it's the German version.
Kraftwerk is a German band, so they sing their song in german. But they also make a lot of english version of their song. So on the International Version, you have the booklet and the songs (not every songs, I think) in english. In the German Version, you have the booklet and the songs in German.
Personnaly, I prefer their songs in German, but it's a personal choice ;)

Well, January 8th has come and gone and no sign of these anywhere. At least not at a reissued price...

35 euros doesn't really seem like a reissue price. That's about $50 USD. Plus I don't understand too much German. Are these items actually in stock, or backorder? It seems fishy that they are not available elsewhere.

The Klingklang site is kraftwerks official site so it is defnitely not fishy. The other site I believe is the EMI labels site. EMI is the label they are on. Also this is a 2 disc set. When you see the prices it goes for before this reissue, There is absolutely no reason to complain. I don't think the prices before the reissues were less than 250 dollars used! the international version aka English language and the German language aka GSA version ore both offered. You can not possibly think being offered only on the labels and the groups site makes them fishy.

[email protected]

Last edited:
The Klingklang site is kraftwerks official site so it is defnitely not fishy. Th other site I believe is the EMI labels site. EMI is the label they are on. Also this is a 2 disc set. When you see the prices it goes for before this reissue, There is absolutely no reason to complain. I dont think the prices before the reissus were less than 250 dollars used! the international version aka English language and the german language aka GSA version ore both offered. You can not possibly think being offered only on the labels and the groups site makes them fishy.

[email protected]

I am aware that KlingKlang is Kraftwerk's official website. I was referring to the weltbild.com webpage. I could have made that clearer, yes. I am also aware that this is a two disc set and has commanded high prices on eBay and such. Also, I am clued in on the GSA and international versions. All this information can be gleaned from this very thread.

As someone who likes to look before they leap, I prefer to gain some knowledge before making such a purchase. This means giving my CC info to a website (that I cannot understand) overseas that may not even have the item(s) in stock. That said, I have always viewed this forum as a community of people who enjoy sharing information and learning from each other. So when I post a few questions (that I still feel are legitimate), I expect to get a respectful answer.

Now I don't speak German, so how can I know that weltbild.com is EMI's website? In fact I'm still not certain if it is. Furthermore, I haven't heard anything about this being a limited pressing and/or being available strictly through the band's website. In fact there has been little if any information released at all. So why should I not expect to see it elsewhere? I'm sorry, but I still don't think I was out of line or unreasonable here.

I do not think nor imply that you are out of line. You will agree however that when the label in this case EMI has you go to that link when you click buy it now it is an official site. You may not have known it at the time but now that you do you can not think that the labels own site is fishy. I also gave a respectful answer you read something into it that wasnt there.

I do not think nor imply that you are out of line. You will agree however that when the label in this case EMI has you go to that link when you click buy it now it is an official site. You may not have known it at the time but now that you do you can not think that the labels own site is fishy. I also gave a respectful answer you read something into it that wasnt there.

Correct. I was unaware that the weltbild.com site was a link from EMI. I navigated there from your previous post. And there it is: the missing link!

The air no longer reeks of fish. But now I smell peach cobbler... ;)

Well, I speak German but it still says vorbestellbar which means that it can be pre-ordered. I remain sceptic until it can actually be ordered. Here's hoping...

Well, I speak German but it still says vorbestellbar which means that it can be pre-ordered. I remain sceptic until it can actually be ordered. Here's hoping...

Thanks Wolfram. That's the piece of info I was looking for. I'm going to hold off for now.

EMI has told me that there are no plans to reissue this on SACD. Not surprised. Seemed unlikely. Ah well...

For some reason weltbild.de suddenly says the German version is In Stock.:yikes Probably a mistake but I ordered it anyway. Let's see what happens. I keep you informed.

Hmm...interesting. Yes, please let me know if it works out for you. I hope it does!

I ordered it from a seller on amazon.de...
It says it's SACD but we'll see.
I got it for about 29 Euros...or $37.00 for just the discs (no T-Shirt or anything)

-B

Last edited:
aye mates,

will someone please tell me which cd to own to even understand why this band would be purchased - or even say "thanks" if i got it as a gift. i cant dance to it - i cant jam to it - but maybe im way off base - tell me which cd to own and i will give it a shot - but i downloaded the discography and just picked songs here and there with interesting titles - and well, i dont get it. just say "it grows on you" and i will understand.

at the same time - it reminded me of Bruce Haack's stuff - bizarre and quirky - innovative?? i dunno.

w.a.reid:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Back