HiRez Poll Kraftwerk - MINIMUM MAXIMUM [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Kraftwerk - MINIMUM MAXIMUM

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters
Was the seller Hot Shot Records? I paid $37 for a copy yesterday on Amazon.com. I took a chance and ordered it, then asked for confirmation if it was an SACD. No word yet.

Yes, it was....
You probably got the last one as I see they aren't listed anymore as a seller that has them.
They showed 2 when I ordered.
I bought it at like, 9 AM EST and thought to write at 3 PM as to if it was an SACD version.
I haven't heard anything yet, but it IS the weekend so...
The ad says it is SACD, but the order page doesn't mention it.
Although I can't see paying $64.00 US (includes shipping) for a plain CD...
I know some sellers are ignorant about it.
I have this ungodly feeling I wasted it on a plain CD set though.
Unfortunately, when I get those ungodly feelings, I'm usually right and will have to return it.

-B

Oh, another question, if the damn thing is so popular, why not grab the DVD Video of it??
It has the 5.1 surround tracks doesn't it?
Are they the same??
You can get that for under $30.00 from many places.
Just curious what the difference is.

Oh, another question, if the damn thing is so popular, why not grab the DVD Video of it??
Are they the same??

Personally speaking, the video adds a lot to the enjoyment of the performance. I find it's a tad too clinical from an audio only standpoint. And it's hard to better the DTS 5.1 on the DVD. It's probably the best live DVD I've ever heard.

Are they the same??

I was wondering the same in this thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?12179-Kraftwerk-Minimum-Maximum-DVD-Question

Seems that it is consensus that the dts mix is worth the purchase. I think about getting it myself if my order turns out to be just the cd.

aye mates,

will someone please tell me which cd to own to even understand why this band would be purchased - or even say "thanks" if i got it as a gift. i cant dance to it - i cant jam to it - but maybe im way off base - tell me which cd to own and i will give it a shot - but i downloaded the discography and just picked songs here and there with interesting titles - and well, i dont get it. just say "it grows on you" and i will understand.

at the same time - it reminded me of Bruce Haack's stuff - bizarre and quirky - innovative?? i dunno.

w.a.reid:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

You might start with Mensch Maschine/Man Machine and Computer Welt/Computer World and then work your way backwards in time (Trans Europa Express, Radio-Aktivität/Radio Activity, Autobahn). If you are looking for dance music try the Mix, but Kraftwerk were never really about dancing.

You might have to put the music in the context of its time. Computer Welt was 1981(!). Looong before Techno. Innovative? Hell, yes!

But maybe it's not your cup of tea. It's pretty cold and very much from the head. Maybe it's difficult to discover them today.

Man Machine was my first album from them. I think it might help if you look at them in terms of music history, or pop history. They were one of the first electronic bands. They influenced Bowie, who made his "Berlin trilogy", who influenced Gary Numan and Human League, which lead to New Wave. If you like bands like Depeche Mode and Aphex Twin, it can all be traced back to them. I find that so interesting...

aye mates,

will someone please tell me which cd to own to even understand why this band would be purchased - or even say "thanks" if i got it as a gift. i cant dance to it - i cant jam to it - but maybe im way off base - tell me which cd to own and i will give it a shot - but i downloaded the discography and just picked songs here and there with interesting titles - and well, i dont get it. just say "it grows on you" and i will understand.

at the same time - it reminded me of Bruce Haack's stuff - bizarre and quirky - innovative?? i dunno.

Man Machine was my first album from them. I think it might help if you look at them in terms of music history, or pop history. They were one of the first electronic bands. They influenced Bowie, who made his "Berlin trilogy", who influenced Gary Numan and Human League, which lead to New Wave. If you like bands like Depeche Mode and Aphex Twin, it can all be traced back to them. I find that so interesting...

You might start with Mensch Maschine/Man Machine and Computer Welt/Computer World and then work your way backwards in time (Trans Europa Express, Radio-Aktivität/Radio Activity, Autobahn). If you are looking for dance music try the Mix, but Kraftwerk were never really about dancing.

You might have to put the music in the context of its time. Computer Welt was 1981(!). Looong before Techno. Innovative? Hell, yes!

But maybe it's not your cup of tea. It's pretty cold and very much from the head. Maybe it's difficult to discover them today.

thanks bro - im doing it - and it is growing on me - some of it thru the qrx sansui does do some dramatic heady sounds - worth the listen for sure - thanks for the input.

cheers
w.a.reid:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Man Machine was my first album from them. I think it might help if you look at them in terms of music history, or pop history. They were one of the first electronic bands. They influenced Bowie, who made his "Berlin trilogy", who influenced Gary Numan and Human League, which lead to New Wave. If you like bands like Depeche Mode and Aphex Twin, it can all be traced back to them. I find that so interesting...[/QUOTE]

thanks - for the input

it might not be air-guitar worthy - but it definitely puts my system thru a workout - especially at ELEVEN.

some of those digital sounds hit hhhhaaaarrrddd!
and thats cool.

saw aphex twin - live - opened for bjork.......but i could not see a person.....just gear and computers - trippy show.

depeche mode - love it - missed them a few months back in dallas - wont make that mistake again....if it happens again.

let me reinforce this thought - bruce haack - try some of it out - it aint sacd - 5.1 - or anything like that - but i think he is given the credit for starting all of the techno sounds - they should release his doco in 5.1

lastly 0 "the chemical brothers" the loudest show i have ever seen - and ive seen them all - 2 dudes - some records and a lot of computers.

cheers
w.a.reid:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Autobahn was my first encounter with Kraftwerk...
The second side of it was rather nice actually.

AND...........
I was refunded my money as the shop where I (and Steve) ordered the discs from
just wrote back and said they were "out of stock".
This is after I wrote to them asking for SACD and not CD.

-B

Looks like the SACD (German version) is no longer on the KlingKlang website either...

The German version on the weltbild.de site has changed from in stock to pre-order again. And I doubt that it's because the only copy is on it's way to me, since I already got the book I ordrered along with it (to save the costs for delivery). This is gonna end in tears, I can feel it.:(

Received my regular e-mail from jpc.de yesterday and the GSA (International) version is now listed as in stack and available, price 27.99 euros. I've put in an order and received a confirmation e-mail, so crossing my fingers.

R E Faust

Received my regular e-mail from jpc.de yesterday and the GSA (International) version is now listed as in stack and available, price 27.99 euros. I've put in an order and received a confirmation e-mail, so crossing my fingers.

R E Faust

I've seen that too. Is it really available at jpc? I just mailed weltbild.de if they are going to deliver for sure, otherwise I would order at jpc too. They are even cheaper.

Raaah, this very second it changed from in stock to Ready for shipment within 1—3 days
(if available from supplier)
. That's a bad omen.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the GSA is the German version.

R E Faust

Same here - from my order

Noch offene Bestellungen:
Datum Menge Art.-Nr. Text Einzelpreis Preis Status
28.01.2010 1 6216781 Minimum-Maximum (GSA-Version) 27.99 27,99 am Lager

I hope you guys get your orders. Please keep us informed about this. I'm still looking for the German version. I'm suspicious though that both of these SACD versions are being re-released. Hope I'm wrong, because it would be a good idea that they make more SACDs, they definitely will sell out again as the demand is there.

http://www.sa-cd.net/search/kraftwerk

Well I got home today to find a package from jpc with the SACD inside!!! :)

It is the GSA version, or German language one, where there is an extra track because of the idexing compared to the International version.

REFaust

Your order is now being shipped 2. feb 2010
We have dispatched the following consignment to you today by post.
Look forward to receiving these items:
Order Number Quantity Item
6216781 1 Kraftwerk Minimum-Ma

And today I ordered
Ihre Bestellung:

Menge Medium Bestellnummer Titel Preis Summe
1 SACD 3458261 O, Yeah: Ultimate Aerosmith Hits EUR 17.99 17.99

1 SACD 5902589 Minimum-Maximum (English Version EUR 27.99 27.99

The GSA-version is removed from JPC.de, but they have the English version listed now.

Back