DVD/DTS Poll Bjork - Post [DTS 96-24/DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Bjork - POST

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
We all know the music - or so we thought.
This mix I swear has new parts in it - or else they were so buried in the stereo mix as to be almost inaudible.

Hyperballad & Army of Me are incredibly powerful now - and seem to really fill the room in a very nice way indeed.
Cannot really pick a highlight as the whole thing is just superbly mixed.

Lose a mark for the usual problem on this set.
The stupid menu.

One of her best albums. The mixes really make the music envelope you which is a good thing as a lot of her songs are meant to sound that way. Sound quality is great as well.

I like this disc a lot. "It's Oh So Quiet" is great in surround although I am sure that is not a song Bjork fans like as well as her own songs. No DVD-A, no problem, the sound quality here is very good.

Chris

Excellent Mix, bad menus, but I am having a hard time getting into this album. I gave it a 7, but I may have to give this another few more spins.

Excellent music and Mix shame about the lack of proper DVDA track, but hell of a disc.
10 for music and mix
minus a point for lack of DVDA

a 9.
One of my favorite discs...
Intense mix but useless menu and authoring, so therefore, -1.
Don't think this would have gained much as a 96/24 DVD.A since it wasn't recorded in Hi res...
The "Surrounded" box set is a MUST!

Yes, the authoring is poor. I can only play the videos in surround if I select all. If I choose DTS or DD it still plays them in stereo, and then if I return to menu, I'm in the stereo one.

So, I ordered this from an Amazon Marketplace seller this week, and they sent the right case/booklet, but the disc inside was a DVD of the 2008 monster movie Cloverfield.

One return and an order from a *second* Marketplace seller later, I actually have the album, and I’m looking forward to a close listen and giving it the tenth vote it needs to get onto the main poll page.

However, I wanted to warn anyone who’s interested in this disc about a mega-annoying authoring mistake (separate from the general authoring annoyances that have been reported on all the Björk Dualdiscs).

The string intro of “Isobel” has been stuck on the tail end of the previous song (“You’ve Been Flirting Again”).

And, since there’s no way to rewind or fast forward within songs, the only way to properly listen to “Isobel” (if you’re not listening to both songs back to back) is to watch the music video, and that DTS track is lower-res than the actual album.

A major goof that affects what may be my favorite song on the album. It’ll definitely cost this disc at least a point when voting time comes.

For an artist as adventurous as Björk, this isn’t as adventurous of a surround mix as I was expecting. A lot of “big stereo” going on — I can’t complain about the fidelity/sound or the level of immersion, but it’s generally not as discrete of an experience I as would’ve liked (I say “generally” because there are some nice discrete moments sprinkled throughout.)

Even so, I would’ve given this a 9, but the big authoring problem I mentioned earlier in this thread (the misplaced intro to “Isobel”), along with the inability to rewind or fast forward within tracks, pushes this down to an 8 for me.

Back