Harrison Tape Guide - June 76: Scans from the Q4 section

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I know that some of you out there like this sort of thing. I may do the Q8 section as well.

1-w.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen the "Greenboard South" WB reels?

How about the two Billy Joels? :eek: :mad:@: :eek:

I enjoyed the look. Thanks. The Q8's would be cool too.

Has anyone ever seen the "Greenboard South" WB reels?

How about the two Billy Joels? :eek: :mad:@: :eek:

Jon another one is the Werner Muller Mystic Portrait of the Moody Blues! Greatest Hits is listed also, i have never seen that.

Also, did existed at all a quad mix of ZZ Top "fandango"? Never seen that, only "tres hombres".

Funny seeing all those pricing errors. Blue Jays quad reel for $7.95! CTI quad reels for $8.98. That seems unlikely but I never did see any of those in stores, so who knows. I did try to get Licorice Pizza to special order Deodato but they said they couldn't get it.

And Family Guitar Band... couldn't spell that right could they. It's Famley.

Billy Joel quad reels: Did they just dream those up? I never saw the ZZ Top tape either. Looks like the correct catalog number though.

The two War tapes don't exist either because of a dispute UA had with Magtec. They probably made the boxes though.

Wow.
Arghh. I would give 100+ hours of time to help put more WAR in High Res four channel.
Seriously. What about "Why Can't We Be Friends", if the master tapes still exist, a quad mix should be made. (To DVD-A).

This might be my first post here, Hello!

"World is a ghetto" QR passed once or twice (no more!) on ebay many years ago, never seen "deliver the word".

"World is a ghetto" QR passed once or twice (no more!) on ebay many years ago, never seen "deliver the word".
I'd guess boxes were made. Maybe the seller got ahold of a box and made his own from an 8 track tape. Were there pictures?

Interesting. At the time I lived 1/2 mile from Magtec and visited frequently. I was told those War tapes were never made. The two quad ones, and War Live. My girlfriend even worked there. I could have too, but was unwilling to give up the job I already had (dumb).

Was there no reel for Gordon Lightfoot - Cold On The Shoulder?

Perhaps my mind keeps confusing it with Sundown....

Yes. Both GL quad albums were available on quad reels. Not sure why COTS is not on the listing, maybe it came out later?

Back