New Kodo/Mickey Hart Multichannel SACD Coming in April

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Good news. The new Kodo album produced by Mickey Hart in Multichannel SACD is now available in Japan.

US fans of Kodo will be happy to hear that Red Ink Records is showing April 23rd as the US release date for a Multichannel SACD version of "Mondo Head" by Kodo.

So you may not need to import it from Japan after all !

For more on this disc, check the Kodo web site at www.kodo.or.jp/merch/cd/mondo.html

Only 10 years later I discovered this title. I must say the surround mix is fantastic.
As you probably know Mickey Hart was the guy that also mixed the 2 Greatful Dead DVD-A's.
The style "world music", based on the Japanese percussion (taiko) group Kodo, but with lot's of influences from other places (like Indian percussion from Zakir Hussain, the Brazilian Airto, stuff played by Mickey himself and traditional style singing).
Turn up that sub :cool:

Last edited:
wow! this must be amazing! Those Grateful Dead DVDA's are gorgeous!
I'll bet it's nigh-on impossible to get now.. I'll have a nose around still.. sigh-a-Rama..!

An exceptional disc. The 5.1 mix and the fidelity are stunning. Great percussion, voice (chanting - oriental but often sounding very similar to native North American), bells, and wind instruments. One of the songs has some really deep bass which amazed me with the way it made my subwoofer shine. The rhythms are very soothing, inventive, and sophisticated. A great disc to close your eyes and relax to after a tiring day.

It's available here for a decent price:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SIGP-12

Back