Harrison Tape Guide - June 76: Scans from the Q8 section

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Here are the scans from the Q8 section of the 1976 Harrison Tape Catalog that I found. How many "non-released" can you find? :phones
q8-1.jpg
q8-2.jpg
q8-3.jpg

Last edited:
My "missing in action" list:

Airto Moeira Fingers
ELP Trilogy
Roberta Flack Firts Take & w. Donny Hataway
Al Green (various)
Jimi Hendrix, crash landing

Don't have any idea if all the DannyDavis carts has been released... too bad, probably yes!

I don't collect Q8s, but I'm pretty sure that Yes - "Close To The Edge" never made it. That would be killer to hear, though!

Great to see the Q8 list.
I agreee, Too bad the Yes Cloess to the edge never made it out, that would have been GREAT.

let's see

I do own Deodato 2 on Q8, which I think is related to "Prelude 2" title, but the serial is stated different. CTSQ xxxx is related to a vinyl as I remember from QQ quad label pages....
My cart has CTQ8 6029 on that release.

Another thing I see is a Ovation sound effect Q8 which I own on vinyl as a QS (my first quad record!!!!!!).

Gosh, i didn't spotted it... will be good to have it in real quad also because the stereo mix doesn't open decently with any process i've tried (sq qs dpl2 cd1 cs2).

My "missing in action" list:

ELP Trilogy

The Mark Anderson Quad Discography has had this on the "released" list for years, but I've never heard on anyone owning up to having a copy. Hey, if you do and you're out there, please speak up! You'd make a LOT of friends around here...:D

The Mark Anderson Quad Discography has had this on the "released" list for years, but I've never heard on anyone owning up to having a copy. Hey, if you do and you're out there, please speak up! You'd make a LOT of friends around here...:D

Years ago now, someone spoke of having this on q8. There must be a few out there somewhere. If they lurk here, please allow others to share in the music!!!! Something could be traded for the experience!!!!!

Will like to see it... so i know what to look for on flea markets! :)

What's weird it is supposed to be a Canadian only release; always wondered why.

Somewhere in the vaults, these masters collect dust:
Roberta Flack-First Take
Eddie Harris-Sings The Blues
Les McCann-Talk To The People

By being in this catalog, does it mean quad mixes were actually made?

just curious
Jethro Tull and Pink Floyd isn't supposed to be on this list?

you're right. it is there. i should read with more attention.
speaking about "which one is pink", i didn't ever seen any mentioning of the Q8 release from Harves, so call british quad of "WYWH"
but it exist and unlike american matrixed quad has real discrete four channels.

Back