Multichannel SACDs On Sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
From now until 6:00 pm, April 15th, Music Direct is having a sale. Catalog and web site purchases, including SACDs are 10% off with a minimum order of $50.

The 10% discount excludes PS Audio, ZYK Classic 45rpm discs, out of print Mobile Fidelity discs, trades, special orders, preorders and demos.

Simply type in "Spring Flyer 10%" in the comment field of your order form and the discount will be taken. (The discount will not appear on the web site automated receipt).

You can check their web site at www.amusicdirect.com/

All 3 of the audiophile retailers have 10% off sales this weekend. I passed on all of them. None of them had all the discs I wanted. Elusive now has all kinds of exclusions "no further discounts apply", Music Direct eliminated media mail and priority mail shipping, and Acoustic Sounds doesn't think The Band SACD is available yet.

So.... I spent some big money on Amazon UK instead.

All 3 of the audiophile retailers have 10% off sales this weekend. I passed on all of them. None of them had all the discs I wanted. Elusive now has all kinds of exclusions "no further discounts apply", Music Direct eliminated media mail and priority mail shipping, and Acoustic Sounds doesn't think The Band SACD is available yet.

So.... I spent some big money on Amazon UK instead.

Well, that's the thing with the sales. You do have to compare what each web store has in stock.

I think it's great that we still have 3 specialty stores like Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc and Music Direct to choose from for High Resolution Surround Sound releases in 2013.
Nice to have choices !

Music Direct has a sale right now. I usually don't buy from this outfit. You'd have to buy probably 4 SACDs to get the free shipping and the selection is small, lacking most SHM SACDs. Maybe their two competitors will decide to have a sale now too though.

This reminds me I may want to start on my tax returns sometime soon. Took me 14 hours last year so not looking fwd to it at all.

Attachments

• musicdirectsale.jpg
    musicdirectsale.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 344
Elusive having a 10% off sale too. No code is used. It's automatic.

That sale is a bit mysterious. It doesn't say when it ends! I guess you need to order soon to enjoy the benefits.... :)
That's because they'll send you daily e-mails about it and announce it that way.

And these guys finally announce their sale. I'm glad I held off on ordering from...

(and I still haven't started on my taxes!)

Attachments

• anothersale.jpg
    anothersale.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 336
Here's an interesting thing about Acoustic Sounds: It looks like downloads count towards the $89 purchase needed to get free shipping on physical product. That's the way the web site operates anyway. Whether they really honor these orders, who knows. I've sent them an e-mail, but has anyone done this in the past?

Here's an interesting thing about Acoustic Sounds: It looks like downloads count towards the $89 purchase needed to get free shipping on physical product. That's the way the web site operates anyway. Whether they really honor these orders, who knows. I've sent them an e-mail, but has anyone done this in the past?

I was able to buy both downloads and disc and got free shipping based on combination of both.

It says digital downloads are included in the sale so that makes sense. Hmm, what do I need from Acoustic Sounds? :)

I was able to buy both downloads and disc and got free shipping based on combination of both.

Well, Acou$tic $ound$ has removed this loophole. I kind of figured they would. I was going to buy a $24.98 download and the Belafonte and Bennett SACDs (total $94.98) and it said I needed to add another $19 to my cart to qualify for free shipping. Needless to say I declined.

Well, Acou$tic $ound$ has removed this loophole. I kind of figured they would. I was going to buy a $24.98 download and the Belafonte and Bennett SACDs (total $94.98) and it said I needed to add another $19 to my cart to qualify for free shipping. Needless to say I declined.

Wow! That sucks....

Wow! That sucks....

Not surprising. I didn't follow how buying downloads (which cost zero to ship) would defray the cost of shipping. Apparently Acoustic Sounds agreed! :)
In any event, time to wait for the next sale on music downloads from Acoustic Sounds.

Also worth noting, Blue Coast Music/Downloads Now and Native DSD have sales on part (or all) of their catalogs every week.
Subscribe to their newsletters for details each Friday (Native DSD) and Saturday (Blue Coast/Downloads Now).

Current Sales:
  • Blue Coast/Downloads Now: 20% Off All Titles
  • Native DSD: 10% Off 6 New Shostakovitch albums on Pentatone, 10% Off New Album from Aliud Records

Back