Multichannel SACDs On Sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just dropped $100 in the blink of an eye ( or the click of the mouse).
Almost placed an order 3 days ago for 3 discs on the list, glad I held on a bit longer, used the savings to buy more.
Music Direct (who own MoFi) sure have been offering some deep discounts (no pun intended) lately.
Are these titles overstocked/slow sellers?

Well, that's unfortunate, but not surprising. I'm more a fan of surround than hi-res but it does seem like there are some nice deals for those who like hi-res stereo.
I wish there was a search function on their site to only see 5.1 releases.

I'd love to hear Nirvana in surround!

I'd love to hear Nirvana in surround!

So would Steven Wilson apparently..! :D
(I can't find the quote from him at the moment but he said he would love to remix their music into surround.. so this festive season I'm hoping and praying and keeping everything crossed that his wishes come true and he gets the gig to remix their stuff into 5.1 - and everyone else he wants to remix, even Rush.. ho ho ho.. soon..! :p )

Just don't go into it thinking it's a great sounding disc and just kick back and enjoy the content..if you like Santana you will love it(y)

Cheapskate Ralphie has both The Best of Santana and Janis Ian's The Hunter (an audiophile darling) on pre order from Deep Discount (both are currently 'out of stock'). So far, I have quite a few of those Hong Kong SACDs and have been very satisfied with the Sound Quality. At least they come in the Super Audio jewel boxes which MOST reissue companies have abandoned.

Really wish they'd do some multichannel but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I did notice over at HRAudio.com (the old SA~CD.net) that Universal is releasing some classical SHM~SACDs so maybe there's hope that they'll also release some more Pop/Rock/Jazz SHM~SACDs. I thought Universal abandoned the format altogether.

4-earredwonder;282870[B said:
]Cheapskate[/B] Ralphie has both The Best of Santana and Janis Ian's The Hunter (an audiophile darling) on pre order from Deep Discount (both are currently 'out of stock'). So far, I have quite a few of those Hong Kong SACDs and have been very satisfied with the Sound Quality. At least they come in the Super Audio jewel boxes which MOST reissue companies have abandoned.

Really wish they'd do some multichannel but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I did notice over at HRAudio.com (the old SA~CD.net) that Universal is releasing some classical SHM~SACDs so maybe there's hope that they'll also release some more Pop/Rock/Jazz SHM~SACDs. I thought Universal abandoned the format altogether.

I prefer the word "frugal"..Ralphie...if you saw my post about The Best Of Santana the price thru yesasia was only in the $28 range...here is the post

I prefer the word "frugal"..Ralphie...if you saw my post about The Best Of Santana the price thru yesasia was only in the $28 range...here is the post

I'm aware of YESAsia, Clint, but am 'patiently' awaiting Deep Discount's President Day's 15% off SALE (am I being presumptious?). I'm probably sickeningly spoiled by the blu ray deals AmazonUS is blowing out (i.e. X Files COMPLETE first season on 6 BD~Vs for $9.99 BRAND spankin' NEW).

IF ONLY we could get those 'deals' as applied to hi res music purchases..............where for that same $9.99 one is likely to 'score' a single RBCD with compressed audio..........doesn't make sense to me...but then what does...nowadays?

I'm aware of YESAsia, Clint, but am 'patiently' awaiting Deep Discount's President Day's 15% off SALE (am I being presumptious?). I'm probably sickeningly spoiled by the blu ray deals AmazonUS is blowing out (i.e. X Files COMPLETE first season on 6 BD~Vs for $9.99 BRAND spankin' NEW).

IF ONLY we could get those 'deals' as applied to hi res music purchases..............where for that same $9.99 one is likely to 'score' a single RBCD with compressed audio..........doesn't make sense to me...but then what does...nowadays?

You are talking about a savings of $2.23 with the 15% discount...just saying...but that's cool...the only concern I would have is that if they don't receive it because that has happened to me before when I waited it out...in my case they charge me tax so I would actually pay more with the 15% discount than I paid from yesasia..

You are talking about a savings of $2.23 with the 15% discount...just saying...but that's cool...the only concern I would have is that if they don't receive it because that has happened to me before when I waited it out...in my case they charge me tax so I would actually pay more with the 15% discount than I paid from yesasia..

It's more of a 'game' with me, Clint. What I do lately is load my cart at DD (I have 7 items in total, now) and wait for the sales and then take my chances. So far I have REALLY lucked out with DD (NO sales Tax in NY). As for ImportCDs......I know they are basically the same company, but NOT so much....they cancel pre~orders after 30 days or so.

I have SO many unwatched/unlistened BD~Vs and music discs at present that waiting a week or two....or three makes little difference to me.

But thanks for the input [as always].

It's more of a 'game' with me, Clint. What I do lately is load my cart at DD (I have 7 items in total, now) and wait for the sales and then take my chances. So far I have REALLY lucked out with DD (NO sales Tax in NY). As for ImportCDs......I know they are basically the same company, but NOT so much....they cancel pre~orders after 30 days or so.

I have SO many unwatched/unlistened BD~Vs and music discs at present that waiting a week or two....or three makes little difference to me.

But thanks for the input [as always].

Actually I'm the same way...the "hunt" is the fun part...that's one of the reasons that downloading isn't appealing to me...trust me..I get where you are coming from(y)

Actually I'm the same way...the "hunt" is the fun part...that's one of the reasons that downloading isn't appealing to me...trust me..I get where you are coming from(y)

And with downloads, Clint, unless reviews are posted (and uncensored )for the $$$$ you're putting out you have NO idea what you're getting, quality wise (upsampled from RBCD[?], compression, et alia).

And the chase [hunt] is ON!

Well, I think all 3 of the "audiophile retailers" have a permanent every day sale price now of at least 12%. Certain items excluded of course.
Maybe sales are dying off? I haven't bought much of anything for a couple of mos.

I'd guess most people would go with the Music Direct offer anyway. Free shipping if over $49. Can't beat that. Elusive excludes many items from their "sale prices" too. All of the SHM SACDs, for example.

Elusive has had a sale on now since before New Years.
First 10% through the month of January, recently 12%, now 15%.
Maybe they're hurtin' for business

Elusive has had a sale on now since before New Years.
First 10% through the month of January, recently 12%, now 15%.
Maybe they're hurtin' for business

All 3 of them have had a constant sale going since then, although in Acoustic Sounds case many items were excluded from the sale. Or should I say most items except old stock.

I still can't find anything that I want to buy.

Everything on my Elusive Disc list, including items already heavily discounted, seem to accept the 15% discount

According to their newsletter today, the Elusive Disc 15% Off Valentines Day Sale ends at Midnight on 2/16/16.
Time to check those SACDs while the 15% sale is in place! :)

Back