Porcupine Tree "Arriving Somewhere..." Blu-Ray edition coming soon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible news. Finally get the audio in lossless (even though the DTS is superb already!) but an upgrade in video even better. The DVD does look good but if I remember correctly, it was filmed in HD so a new transfer would give huge improvements. I remember at the time SW was disappointed with the video (too dark) hence why all the effects were added. Wonder whether we'll get the video without those this time... (I kinda like the effects but it would be cool to see it without).

It will be re-released this year, with a blu-ray!

Wow! Amazing that you found that little bit of news! Many thanks!
I wonder if the plan is to 'expand' the original release on this new edition.
These songs were also played at the 2 Chicago shows but were not included on the original release: "Radioactive Toy", "Deadwing", "Gravity Eyelids", "Mellotron Scratch", "Strip the Soul", "Shesmovedon"

Plus would the band look to include the entire "Rockpalast" film as well? (Currently the DVD only has "Futile" and "Radioactive Toy")
Also, maybe there's an opportunity to include some more live films (screen projections) too.

Finally, what's also cool is that this will be the first release of this concert on CD, as the audio was only available on DVD and digital download up till now.

:)

Awesome...even more awesome because I never owned the DVD but heard wonderful things about it. New thread perhaps? I dunno. Or wait till official "pre order" Either way, I don't want to forget about this!!!

OOPS - just realized this is a poll thread. For sure need a thread about this upcoming release.

Wow! Amazing that you found that little bit of news! Many thanks!
I wonder if the plan is to 'expand' the original release on this new edition.
These songs were also played at the 2 Chicago shows but were not included on the original release: "Radioactive Toy", "Deadwing", "Gravity Eyelids", "Mellotron Scratch", "Strip the Soul", "Shesmovedon"

Plus would the band look to include the entire "Rockpalast" film as well? (Currently the DVD only has "Futile" and "Radioactive Toy")
Also, maybe there's an opportunity to include some more live films (screen projections) too.

Finally, what's also cool is that this will be the first release of this concert on CD, as the audio was only available on DVD and digital download up till now.

Hmmm, I wonder if it will be packaged in a deluxe book like the original Anesthetize and the rest of SW's solo albums too? I certainly hope so!

Hmmm, I wonder if it will be packaged in a deluxe book like the original Anesthetize and the rest of SW's solo albums too? I certainly hope so!

It certainly sounds like it will all be packaged together, so the book format seems like the most likely release packaging.

It will be re-released this year, with a blu-ray!

Hey Ryan (rtbluray) - as mod for this section can you please move all the posts from above post to a new thread in Rumours since the blu-ray release is no longer listed on headphonedust.

I was going to post a new thread there asking if this was still coming or has it been pulled or delayed? (But the posts above should be included and speculation on a BD release looks more like a rumour and maybe best outside the DVD poll thread).

Hopefully someone may have some inside info on the BD and a release date!

Thanks
Garry

amazon.co.uk with the full scoop:
A SPECIAL RELEASE OF THE LEGENDARY 2005 PERFORMANCE AS A 3-DISC SET, FOR THE FIRST TIME ON HIGH DEFINITION BLU-RAY PLUS A NEW STEVEN WILSON REMASTER

"A real treat for fans" Classic Rock "At the peak of their powers" * * * * * Record Collector

'Arriving Somewhere' is Porcupine Tree's first concert film from the 'Deadwing' tour in 2005, first released on Kscope 10 years ago. Featuring excellent live performances from the band: Steven Wilson, Gavin Harrison, Richard Barbieri and Colin Edwin with John Wesley. This edition is the first time the film has been available on high definition Blu-ray, and includes the audio in three formats mixed by Steven Wilson: DTS-HD MA 5.1, PCM Surround and PCM Stereo.

Filmed by Studio M at the Park West, Chicago, USA, 11-12th October 2005 and edited by long-time Steven Wilson collaborator Lasse Hoile. Live sound recording was handled by Mark Prator of Red Room Recorders and mastered by Darcy Proper. Graphic Design is by Carl Glover.

The audio has been specially remastered by Steven Wilson for this 2018 release across two CDs and the Blu-ray. The Blu-ray extras include: bonus live performances from the German Rockpalast TV broadcast of "Radioactive Toy" and "Futile; live projections pf "Start of Something Beautiful", "Halo" and "Mother and Child Divided"; the "Lazarus" promo video; Gavin Harrison's "Cymbal Song" video; and a photo gallery. This special edition of Arriving Somewhere is released 10 years after its first release on Kscope, and is presented in a media book complete with a 24-page booklet.

This re-release of 'Arriving Somewhere' follows the announcement of Kscope's acquisition of two rare and coveted PT studio albums from the same period, 'In Absentia' and 'Deadwing', and their long-awaited vinyl reissues on 9th March.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arriving-Somewhere-Porcupine-Tree/dp/B0791WFFJS/

No brainer - now these are the things that GOS 3.0 needs to buy. Really, no discussion....not waiting....I want this. I will have it. I will love it....

Great performance coming again with a great prize - no brainer, automatic buy.

Just like the recent reissue of "Get All You Deserve", it appears that the cover art for this new release of "Arriving Somewhere" is different compared to the original too:
27b94be81a58f6ec85279ed7f57adda7.jpg

:cool: A definite purchase!

+1

This is going to spectacular!

Now that Kscope have the rights to Deadwing and In Absentia it won't be long until we see remasters and probably SW remixes of those on BDA (with all the usual goodies)

I believe that is an edited photo from an airport at their USA tour (love this photo)

photopromo-003.jpg

Now that Kscope have the rights to Deadwing and In Absentia it won't be long until we see remasters and probably SW remixes of those on BDA (with all the usual goodies)

Maybe they'll throw better-mastered versions of the old ES mixes in too- I still haven't seen a copy of In Absentia sell for under $60

Back