Waters Concert

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenceo

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I'm going to the Roger Water's this Sunday. I see it opened in NYC. Any first reviews, is it Quad Baby? Seen Floyd 94, 87, and Waters 87. All Quad.

Spence

Last edited:
A freind of mine in NYC e-mailed me after seeing the second night show. Nick Mason played the 2nd and 3rd sets! He didn't mention if it was in quad or not, but did tell me to make sure I go. He also said that if mind altering substances are to be consumed that the animations would be best from the good (lower) seats, otherwise it didn't matter where you sit.

I'm kind of on the fence here. I saw him in '87 and it was a great show, and I wonder if this might his last tour. However, tickets are VERY expensive. I have tickets for Porcupine Tree 3 nights later at $32.50/ticket, can Rog really be worth 5+ times that?

I'm going to the Roger Water's this Sunday. I see it opened in NYC. Any first reviews, is it Quad Baby? Seen Floyd 94, 87, and Waters 87. All Quad.

Spence

I saw him In Australia a few years ago ...I think around 2004 ...it was quad
in the lower floor section in front of the stage and the sound effects for money were in the same channel configuration as the dark side quad mix.

i saw him in june or something, and he IS using a surround sound sytem.:banana:
it's awesome, to hear the music in it's full beauty. especially on the run, boy o boy :phones
be sure to take your stereo mikes and put them on your ears! using them that way, you can record the quad/surround effex, which you can hear if you use headphones to listen to the recording. ;) ;)

I've always wondered about that, do these people sit perfectly still facing the stage the whole time to get a good recording? If so that seems like a lot of effort, I'd rather just enjoy the show.

I'm still thinking of going, a friend has suggested that we go down with cash in had and deal with the scalpers (very legal in California :( ), maybe waiting for the first song to start for a better price. I've heard some stories about bad things happening with scalpers though...

...I'm still thinking of going...

I wouldn't miss it. If you do, you know you will need to buy the CD next year, followed by the SACD (import) Christmas '07. Then, spring '08, the dvd w/DD5.1 will be released. No, Wait, June '08, Sorry Christmas '08. Cheaper to go to the show. :rolleyes:

Spence

Very good review for Toronto show....not very detailed, but glowing:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/W/Waters_Roger/ConcertReviews/2006/09/21/1872875.html

Thanks for the link. Boy am I happy he's going to play the entire DSoTM album, it's been a long time since I heard those songs.:rolleyes: I really wish he would play all the Radio K*A*O*S tracks, now THAT would be sweet. I will try to make a note of the songs played and report back here.

I don't what to start a political discussion here, but that's two reviews I've read about the political statements that are made at the show. I know Roger's views, and that's fine. I just hope he didn't get to "preachy". And really, who gets there political cues from a rock show.:mad:@:

Spence

Wow, what a nice night for a show. Clear and cool with the temps in the 60's. Picture perfect for an outside venue. And great seats to boot!! Right behind the sound boards. First thing I check out was the speaker setup. Fronts on each side of the stage. Surrounds on the direct left and right of my seats and a single rear center right behind my head. The surrounds were only used for effects. Never heard anything out of the surround until 11 songs into the first set (Sheep). As expected, plenty of effects around for the playing of DSoTM.

Visuals were nice too. Not massive like the Floyd shows. Mainly one large rectangle screen to handle the lighting show with a small amount of pin spots and pyros. Very effective for a visual experience.

Here's the playlist:
First Set:

In The Flesh
Mother
Set The Control To The Heart Of The Sun (Rocked)(y)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home (One of my favs)(y)
Perfect Sense
Water's new song, sorry I don't know the name
Sheep

Second Set:

Dark Side Of The Moon (All)
Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
Vera
Comfortable Numb

Show Time 2hr 40min

A couple of notable moments for me. "Set The Control...", the combination of music, screen visuals and pyros made for jaw dropping reaction. The other was "On The Run", where the surround and a slightly different version of the song was a nice surprise.

Spence

"Leaving Beirut" was track #10, After "perfect Sense" and before " Sheep" from above (Post #11).

Spence

Back