DVD/DTS Poll Yankovic, Weird Al - Straight Outta Lynwood [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Weird Al Yankovic - STRAIGHT OUTTA LYNWOOD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

WeirdAl.jpg

I gave it a 9. I'm a long-time Weird Al fan (and yeah, I'm very nearsighted and spend a lot of time on the computer and love "Star Trek"!) and think this is possibly his most ambitious album yet. The 5.1 mix is very nice, the videos are generally well-done and I think his Cake and Sparks style parodies are brilliant.

Alas, the 5.1 is DD only and the disc has issues with my Pioneer DV-47Ai, but I still enjoy the hell out of it.

I didn't know what to expect from this disc, I don't know any of the songs that the music is from, but i enjoyed all of them. Lots of different styles, all enjoyable. The surround mix is quite good also. I like it. I vote 8.

Alas, the 5.1 is DD only and the disc has issues with my Pioneer DV-47Ai, but I still enjoy the hell out of it.

What sort of issues?

My wretched Primare DVD30 refuses to acknowledge the presence of the DD 5.1 program.

It plays a minute or so into each track, then aborts and skips to the next track. That doesn't happen when playing the disc in a cheap Philips DVP-642. I have yet to try it with the Oppo 970.

It plays perfectly on my Pioneer and Toshiba players. No glitches, just a very funny album that has a great surround mix. I hope this means Sony is again going to give us more 5.1.

Hi there,
I just found that this album is available either as DualDisc or as CD/DVD-Combo. Does anyone know if the DVD in the combo also includes the DD5.1 mix, or if it's only the videos?
Best regards,
Oliver

Hi there,
I just found that this album is available either as DualDisc or as CD/DVD-Combo. Does anyone know if the DVD in the combo also includes the DD5.1 mix, or if it's only the videos?
Best regards,
Oliver

The CD/DVD combo is described on its jewel box insert as containing the entire album in 5.1 surround sound, enhanced stereo and karaoke mix with onscreen lyrics option.

I bought the combo on the strength of this.

Sadly I cannot find any way of accessing any of these features on my DVD player.

I would be interested in comparing the folder content of this DVD with the folder content of the DVD side of the DualDisc.

Can anyone help?

AUDIO_TS is empty
VIDEO_TS contains the following, all last updated at 14:10 on 31/08/2006:

VIDEO_TS 12KB Backup File of the IFO
VIDEO_TS 12KB DVD Movie Info
VIDEO_TS 6870 KB DVD Movie
VTS_01_0 40KB Backup File of the IFO
VTS_01_0 40KB Movie Info
VTS_01_0 81,160 KB DVD Movie
VTS_01_1 1,048,544 KB DVD Movie
VTS_01_2 541,248 KB DVD_Movie

Got the Dual disc for Christmas and I love it. The 5.1 mix sounds great in my JVC
. I`m giving it a 10 simply for the fact I`ve been a "weird Al" fan since he first came on the scene back in the early 80`s. Hope to hear more from him in good ol` surround in the future. Maybe even give earlier recordings ("Dare To Be Stupid " would work in my opinion.)

The dualdisc has arrived. The first thing that I notice is that it cannot be played without a monitor to assist in navigating to the 5.1 program.

It's worth the trouble - I'm very pleased with it.

Al Rules! I love the mix in "Drive Thru" and the videos are great! The "Making of" is very interesting as it shows how much work Al puts into his recordings. Has he got the best back-up band of all time? These guys can play anything!

Got the Dual disc for Christmas and I love it. The 5.1 mix sounds great in my JVC
. I`m giving it a 10 simply for the fact I`ve been a "weird Al" fan since he first came on the scene back in the early 80`s. Hope to hear more from him in good ol` surround in the future. Maybe even give earlier recordings ("Dare To Be Stupid " would work in my opinion.)

da da da another one rides the bus!/just eat it -eat it, open up your mouth and feed it!/I'm fat i'm fat ya know it./I gotta wierd al video, lots of stuff. he started on dr dementoe show. 1st song, the bus song.

The dualdisc has arrived. The first thing that I notice is that it cannot be played without a monitor to assist in navigating to the 5.1 program.

It's worth the trouble - I'm very pleased with it.

I have a few like this. I write the key sequence on a piece of paper and pop it in the jewel case. Or rip the audio and plop it on the Freevo box.

Loving this (dualdisc). And even more so in 5.1. Been after it for what seems like forever, seemed only available as a U.S. import but managed to bag a very reasonably priced one from the Fleabay EIL of all places. The same place my treasured Rumor And Sigh came from.

Voting soon...

Jem

Wow, I forgot how good this is!

I've been a Weird Al fan since around 1987. In college, around 2003, I got into surround music. So, when this album came out, it was a real treat. Hearing his standard polka medley mixed in surround was actually a bit emotional. (That's also an interesting mix with tuba being the only instrument in the center channel!).

I've been going through a Weird Al phase lately and dusted off this DVD. Really tastefully done surround mixing. Discreet, but natural.

Back