HiRez Poll One Twelve - HOT & WET [DVD-A/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of One Twelve - HOT & WET

• 10: Great Fidelity, Great Surround Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this DVD-A title. (y) :phones (n)

Hot and Wild DVD-A Front.jpg
Hot and Wild DVD-A Back.jpg

I don't remember ever seeing this one. Anyone?

I don't remember ever seeing this one. Anyone?

It's REAL, Jon. I have a copy. Haven't played it in awhile but it's part of my Rap/Soul/R&B DVD~A collection. From the Island Def Jam Music Group [Universal Records].

Will vote after I give it a spin tonight.

i do remember to seeing this one in store very long time ago. don't remember in which. maybe Future Shop or Sound Around.
but anyway i do remember i didn't have any willingness to buy this due to very "rap" looks picture :)

i do remember to seeing this one in store very long time ago. don't remember in which. maybe Future Shop or Sound Around.
but anyway i do remember i didn't have any willingness to buy this due to very "rap" looks picture :)

Otto, I'm playing it as we 'speak'. It's more R&B and it's actually a very dynamic recording with very discrete use of surrounds....and believe me, I'm likewise not a big fan of RAP.

Of course Adam would have both!! I updated the listing to add SACD. THANKS!!

:eek:

You're WELCOME..!! :upthumb

Ps. Sorry they're fuzzy pics, when I get my scanner up and running again, I'll scan the buggers in for QQ (I keep forgetting to buy ink, I never print anything out these days so its just never on my mind! :eek: ..and without ink in it I can't get the Epson all in one gizmo to even scan which seems faintly ridiculous but.. there you go, that's technology for you.. or just me being thick old technophobe!... probably the latter..!! :D )

PS. I'm sorry guys but I don't remember anything about the surround sound on this one (or the contents either for that matter! :eek: ) .. but I evidently gave it a "4" in this QQ Poll, so.. well I will "play it again, Sam" just to be sure I wasn't out of my head at the time.. :eek: ... but I wouldn't go hunting too hard or splashing the cash too rich on this one (lets face it, if it had been an "in your face" surround stunner I'd have more than likely been blabbing on about it here til kingdom come to try and persuade you all to buy it..! :D )

PS. I'm sorry guys but I don't remember anything about the surround sound on this one (or the contents either for that matter! :eek: ) .. but I evidently gave it a "4" in this QQ Poll, so.. well I will "play it again, Sam" just to be sure I wasn't out of my head at the time.. :eek: ... but I wouldn't go hunting too hard or splashing the cash too rich on this one (lets face it, if it had been an "in your face" surround stunner I'd have more than likely been blabbing on about it here til kingdom come to try and persuade you all to buy it..! :D )

Adam, just gave this a spin tonight and it's outrageously in your face surroundy. Actually, it's not a bad album......with some great harmonies, backing vocals and melodies. I give it a 7 1/2....rounded out to an 8!

Adam, just gave this a spin tonight and it's outrageously in your face surroundy. Actually, it's not a bad album......with some great harmonies, backing vocals and melodies. I give it a 7 1/2....rounded out to an 8!

I can't right now, Ralphie baby! (its 3:44 am, I can't sleep and I'm doing the QQ boogaloo from my divan, man! :couch

I can't right now, Ralphie baby! (its 3:44 am, I can't sleep and I'm doing the QQ boogaloo from my divan, man! :couch

And Ralphie, Baby, is about to begin his "Long Days Journey Into Night....." Bootlegs of The Hateful Eight and The Danish Girl and have yet to play Spectrum and Thrust on my Main System........

Ta, Ta, AB!

The SACD version was apparently a Crest Cracker.
crestCracker.jpg

I've owned this SACD for years but didn't really sit down with it until today. it's actually quite good. good discrete channels. it's not perfect but i gave it a 9 just for the fact that it's a decent mix in a genre we rarely see around these here parts :yikes

Back