DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's 50 posts ???

But I know a few folks here who belong. That's why I indicated that in the post.

Great DVD-A deals are/were offered.

You have to be a member for 30 days and have placed at least 50 posts before they'll let you in.

Not sure what the reason is.

50 seems pretty steep. I remember all of the hubbub about requiring 10 here at QQ to post not view.

Sorry if I caused a stir here. That wasn't my intention.

The SHF posting offered some really impossible-to-find titles all $50 or less all sealed. Knowing how difficult is to get most of the offering, I tossed the link in here in case some of you with an SHF membership with the 50 post/30 day min. were interested.

I can understand why it is necessary to restrict access to the classifieds. A while back someone signed on here just to send me a PM for 'Alison Krauss Live' I offered as a trade.

I am sure most of the restrictions on any forum are designed to prevent abuse. I know I wouldn't trade with someone who has 3 posts named 'boogernugget' (in case there is a member here or anywhere by that handle... the name is fictitious).

All are sold now (BTW... it wasn't me). I've never sold a disc yet.

Now back to the thread topic; another BB oasis has been pulled (Sherway). I went there tonight.

As I learned from a very knowledgable clerk today, all 'called back' inventory, once it is off the shelf and boxed in the back, is not allowed to be sold. Period. Their stock was awaiting return.

The clerk also informed me that once stock (he used old software as an example) is deemed 'called back' it is returned to the Toronto (Brampton) distribution centre... for destruction !

I had told the clerk that I was prepared to make the long drive tonight to check out the stock that was showing online... then I got the inside info and suggestions for potential other sources (which I know don't have any) so I believe his information is accurate.

At least 7 clerks at various BB's around the GTA have used the term 'called back' when I inquired, and based on what I haven't seen in the stores that used to be there, it makes sense.

Last edited:
As I learned from a very knowledgable clerk today, all 'called back' inventory, once it is off the shelf and boxed in the back, is not allowed to be sold. Period. Their stock was awaiting return.

The clerk also informed me that once stock (he used old software as an example) is deemed 'called back' it is returned to the Toronto distribution centre... for destruction !

I had told the clerk that I was prepared to make the long drive tonight to check out the stock that was showing online... then I got the inside info and suggestions for potential other sources (which I know don't have any) so I believe his information is accurate.

At least 7 clerks at various BB's around the GTA have used the term 'called back' when I inquired, and based on what I haven't seen in the stores that used to be there, it makes sense.

Destruction???? Wouldn't it make sense to sell it off at a discount?:confused:

It would to me...

Maybe we'll find them in a Wallymart 2fer bin for $3.77 :)

BTW Dave, Heartland is one of last remaining BB's with stock. You might want to swing by.

While I was out tonight picking up 'Peachtree Road' and 'Time Again' DVD-A, I found copies of 'Sea Change' DVD-A and Gabriel's 'So' SACD, so I thought I'd better save them from the 'cruncher' even though I have them already.

When I figure out what I want for them, I'll post them in the classifieds. It felt like I was on a rescue mission...

It depends on Best Buys definition of 'destruction'.

It may just mean 'drill a hole in the corner' or destroy the UPC code and sell it all in a bulk container to a buyer. Wouldn't be surprised to see these 'destroyed' copies show on ebay or amazon market thru a bulk seller. Of course it would be hard to guess if the cd's would carry a discount (how I got luck to own kamakiriad for $10, with cut-out UPC), or if the seller was savy enough to set 'market price' (or how I would never be able to own at $80).

While I was out tonight picking up 'Peachtree Road' and 'Time Again' DVD-A, I found copies of 'Sea Change' DVD-A and Gabriel's 'So' SACD, so I thought I'd better save them from the 'cruncher' even though I have them already.

When I figure out what I want for them, I'll post them in the classifieds. It felt like I was on a rescue mission...

You never know. Your music tastes may change and want to try something new, or you need some extra $$ to fund this hobby. Either way, these are good ones to have.

This is making me think: it's been a while since I was last looking in BB's in my area. There are a few 'common' titles I wouldn't mind having that I should probably pick up before they implement that strategy here in the US.

Back