DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've spent (wasted) many hours scouring the 'net and stores for DVD-Audio discs. I fretted and pulled my hair while bidding on eBay and saw the disc I wanted go for twice what I was willing to pay for it.
Then, I found a guy offering to sell his entire collection of DVD-A and SACD discs. As I write this I'm awaiting the package bringing me Kamakiriad, Breezin', Fourplay and five other discs I've been wanting. He has MUCH more. I've approached him on letting me give you his contact information but he "wants to see how this goes first". I can say that many of the things that folks are looking for in this post he has and is willing to sell very reasonably. Stay tuned. If I can I'll get his permission to post his email at least. He wouldn't send me a list because there were too many to type. Gold mine!
I had to stop buying for fear I'd lose my third wife. A little at a time, but many he has I have no interest in, frankly.

I've spent (wasted) many hours scouring the 'net and stores for DVD-Audio discs. I fretted and pulled my hair while bidding on eBay and saw the disc I wanted go for twice what I was willing to pay for it.
Then, I found a guy offering to sell his entire collection of DVD-A and SACD discs. As I write this I'm awaiting the package bringing me Kamakiriad, Breezin', Fourplay and five other discs I've been wanting. He has MUCH more. I've approached him on letting me give you his contact information but he "wants to see how this goes first". I can say that many of the things that folks are looking for in this post he has and is willing to sell very reasonably. Stay tuned. If I can I'll get his permission to post his email at least. He wouldn't send me a list because there were too many to type. Gold mine!
I had to stop buying for fear I'd lose my third wife. A little at a time, but many he has I have no interest in, frankly.

OK, my package came in and everything was as it should be. I approached the seller with giving out his contact info and he agreed (he added that I get first pickings, but I think I'm happy with the 8 DVD-A I got from him). Anyway, if anyone's interested you can PM be for his contact info. If doing this violates any forum rules, I apologize up front and this post can be deleted, but would like to see others get those long awaited gems and for Bill to clear out his collection.
Let me add that I payed $10 each for the ones I bought and threw in some bucks to have him mail them.

Another GREAT sale at Tower.com (free shipping $25 and up) in progress; these prices were slashed within the past 12 hours because I check my wishlist every morning. Buy these NOW, do not hesitate as prices often fluctuate quickly!

The Who - Tommy [Deluxe Edition] [2 Hybrid MC SACD] is $16.99 here
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust [Hybrid MC SACD] is $9.99 here

Happy shopping!
Josh

Those links bring up the CD's, not SACD's.

No, this is wrong. . .the links DO bring up the SACDs. You cannot go by the title at the top of the page. If you scroll down the product description page you will see that they say "hybrid super audio CD" and if you do some research on the UPCs you will find consistently across the Internet that the SACDs have the same UPCs.

Again, these are terrific prices, I'd take advantage if you don't already have these SACDs!

EDIT - I should also say the SACDs are on sale at Amazon too, but just a little more expensive. . .$10.97 and $17.97, respectively.

Well, is there anyone from this forum that can help an idiot(me) out. Well, I had ordered 3 titles(Foreigner 4,Carly Simon and a Alice Cooper-WTMN) and Foreigner 4 and Alice Cooper showed ready but no Carly Simon. Since it was taking a while I asked Hmv if I could add a couple of other titles to the order to get the get 3 at 25% off sale. They said 'No' can't change order, you have to put in another. So thats what I did but here is the IDIOT part I cancelled my initial order as per their instructions. So I ordered about 10 titles and one by one they are coming back as gone and worst thing is the Foreigner 4(which I almost had) is also one of the ones no longer available. I hope someone from this forum got the last Foreigner 4 and not some reseller, oh well, now it looks like the Alice Cooper will be the only one I will get shipped.
So if anyone finds a Foreigner 4 in a used record shop or some other place, please PM me as to the price and what I would have to pay for it. Thanks for your time whoever is reading this.

peter

Looks like the Moody Blues SACDs are going out of print based on what I see on amazon.uk ... there's new "2008" CDs coming out.

I've been curious what's left of the surround formats at my local Best Buy, so I went down there and walked the entire rock and jazz sections, and found quite a few multichannel discs still hiding there. I scored a Keane DD and Bob Dylans "Love and Theft" for myself, and wrote down everything else.

Here's my list of what I am looking for:

Flaming Lips SOFT BULLETIN
Dire Straits BROTHERS IN ARMS
Miles Davis KIND OF BLUE
Herbie Hancock GERSHWIN'S WORLD
R.E.M. OUT OF TIME
Foo Fighters IN YOUR HONOR
Frank Zappa HALLOWEEN (Live in NYC 1978)
R.E.M. IN TIME (The Best Of)
R.E.M. DOCUMENT
Bjork Vespertine
Steely Dan EVERYTHING MUST GO
Foo Fighters ONE BY ONE
R.E.M. GREEN
Dave Brubeck TIME OUT
Steely Dan TWO AGAINST NATURE
Widespread Panic DON'T TELL THE BAND

And, here's what they had on the shelves.

D=DVD-Audio
DD=DualDisc

Barenaked Ladies - Are Me D
Blue Man Group - Audio D
Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day DD
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet DD
Bon Jovi - Left Feels Right SACD
Chris Brown - Chris Brown DD
Chevelle - This Type Of Thinking (Could Do Us In) DD
Clapton, Eric - 461 OCEAN BLVD SACD
Clapton, Eric - SLOWHAND SACD
Howie Day - Stop All The World Now DD
Everclear - SO MUCH FOR THE AFTERGLOW D
Fagen, Donald - MORPH THE CAT D
Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics D
Frampton, Peter - Frampton Comes Alive D
Grateful Dead - American Beauty DD
Al Jarreau and George Benson - Givin' It Up (SuperDisc)
Los Lonely Boys - Los Lonely Boys DD
John Mayer - Heavier Things DD
John Mayer - Room For Squares DD
Moist - Machine Punch D
Mudvayne - The End of Things To Come DD
Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spiral DD
Offspring - Greatest Hits DD
Pink - I'm Not Dead DD
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun D
Rolling Stones - Sympathy EP SACD
Boz Scaggs - Fade Into Light DD
Kenny Wayne Shepherd - 10 Days Out (Blues from the Backroads) (CD/Surround DVD)
Jessica Simpson - In This Skin DD
Snow Patrol - Final Straw DD
Springsteen, Bruce - Devils and Dust DD
Switchfoot - Nothing is Sound DD
Switchfoot - Beautiful Letdown DD
Talking Heads - Remain in Light DD
Talking Heads - Little Creatures DD
Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues DD
Train - My Private Nation DD
Townshend, Pete Lane, Ronnie - Rough Mix DD
Who - Tommy DVD-A
Yankovick, Weird Al - Lynwood DD

Krall, Diana - Love Scenes DTS
Krall, Diana - The Girl in the Other Room DD
Krall, Diana - The Girl in the Other Room SACD
Cullum, Jamie - 20 Something DD

I tried to leave out DualDiscs that didn't have surround mixes, but I might have made a mistake.

Let me know if you would like to trade for something in my wanted list you might have or know about.

I know alot of these aren't rare, but I thought I would make the list for my own benefit.

~jay

Sorry I can't offer any trades, but I'll offer a suggestion. Buy a few of the titles from your second list and store them a way for a few years. It won't be long before they're just as rare as anything from your first list.

A few weeks ago I did the same at my BB, but never posted it. Here are the ones they had that AREN'T on Jay's list. They're probably still there, seems that I remembered most of them from the visit before that...

Allman Bros - Eat a Peach SACD
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds DVD-A
Bryan Ferry - Boys and Girls DVD-A
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi DVD-A
Marvin Gaye - Collection DVD-A
Elton John (several) SACD
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me SACD
Roxy Music - Avalon SACD
Santana - Supernatural DVD-A
Seal - I DVD-A
Steely Dan - Gaucho DVD-A

Diana Krall - When I Look Into Your Eyes

... if any QQ member would like me to go grab or check on any of these for them, I'll be glad to do so.

Mark Z

Don,

I would do that, but my wife won't allow me to do much more of that. Something about being responsible or married or something :rolleyes:

<grumble grumble>

Sorry I can't offer any trades, but I'll offer a suggestion. Buy a few of the titles from your second list and store them a way for a few years. It won't be long before they're just as rare as anything from your first list.

I saw both Grateful Dead DVD-A's today but it's one of those indie shops that takes the disc out of the jewel box case, new or used ( I HATE when they do that)

So these two discs are "New" but not sealed. $30 each, which was about normal for WEA DVD-A's in Canada.

You have to be a member and log in to view the classifieds.

They might not allow new accounts to view that area. I setup a new account and it won't let me in either. I get:

XXXXX, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Back